Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the SCV of a 1980 JD 1050 with a 75 loader, they are Pioneer couplers and are dripping, I'll probably try new O Rings first but I'm unsure if these are considered 1/2" couplers?

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
There are Pioneer numbers stamped on the sleeve used to connect/disconnect the coupler. Check online, the numbers may tell you.

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
I'd guess 1/4" or 3/8" but impossible to tell from your pic. Disconnect them and take a picture next to a ruler please.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I’ll get a pic with a ruler.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hey guys,

i was able to find some numbers, pioneer 4010-2p, looks like they're 1/4 size. It looker like the number on the female coupler was 4050-2P. so now the question, can I get the right o rings?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Try these:
Size = 113
Durometer = 70A
Material = Buna N

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try these:
Size = 113
Durometer = 70A
Material = Buna N

Thanks Kenny!

I thought it was kind of funny that my big old 1050 used the same fittings as much smaller tractors, but I've never had any issues with the hydraulics on this tractor being slow or weak, even though the early 1050s appear to have a reputation for slow hydraulics.

I'll track down some o rings and see what happens.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,696 Posts
Thanks Kenny!

I thought it was kind of funny that my big old 1050 used the same fittings as much smaller tractors, but I've never had any issues with the hydraulics on this tractor being slow or weak, even though the early 1050s appear to have a reputation for slow hydraulics.

I'll track down some o rings and see what happens.
I seem to recall 1050's having some kind of reducer couplings in the hydraulic lines. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seem to recall 1050's having some kind of reducer couplings in the hydraulic lines. :dunno:
You could be right, I honestly have no idea, I know the 75 loader was mounted on several tractors including the 850, 950, and 1050, it’s possible reducers were used.

I got some nice o rings in the mail thanks to Kenny’s advice, will pop them in and see if the leaks stop.

Thanks guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts