Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the thread in the compact section by Johndeere3720 asking how many tractors we had..

Do you consider your lawn machine a tractor?

I do.. Its not as versatile and useful for most jobs but it does a better job at mowing the lawn that my CUT would do IMO. Now a zero turn... nope, not a tractor.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
If the lawn machine can take some sort of attachment (whether you do so or not) then I'd consider it a tractor. Otherwise, it's a riding lawn mower (and that's a fine piece of equipment to have too). So my little 318 tractor shown here has a front blade and a rear weight bracket (and a loose nut at the wheel).

I'd have to think if a pull cart is an attachment, I'd tend to think not since it's a bent piece of metal with a hole to add it.

Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Mine is 95% tractor, and 5% lawn machine - only when I aerate, and I got some turf times for that.

-Jer.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I guess my benchmark is my grandpa's mule, he could pull pretty hard.:laugh:
Years ago people replaced their mules with tractors which didn't seem to have all the psychological hangups, didn't burn fuel when not used and so on.

I doubt my 749 would come close to the pulling ability of that big mule so I would not consider it a tractor. I am not really sure the mower is much better than my dad's Charlais bull either, this bull would mow down a 10ft swath through a Sudex patch in one pass. I can't match that with my new mower either.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Not prejudice here or hung up on labels and definitions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a LX280 and while certainly a "lawn tractor" it does many things for me, cut lawn, snow blow driveway, tow small trailer. So tractor yes. As fun as the 2520, no.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My L118 only pulls a cart and cuts the lawn but since it rains so much here in Oregon it is more of a trailer puller than a mower thus i would call it a tractor. Now to get some R1s for it and maybe a FEL. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
My L118 only pulls a cart and cuts the lawn but since it rains so much here in Oregon it is more of a trailer puller than a mower thus i would call it a tractor. Now to get some R1s for it and maybe a FEL. :lol:

Some people just need better direction.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts