Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts
Get a larger trailer....... and truck to pull the trailer with...>..
1576531026636.gif
animated-smileys-laughing-322.gif

only one load with big enough trailer
No problem. You explain to my wife why our insurance now includes coverage for a Peterbuilt!

Im gonna keep hoarding useless crap so that when I leave this Earth one day, my kids will have something to bitch about when they have to clear it all out !!!
hey that's what i tell my boys all the time, when they mention my junk to me. yelp-proud of it all-hehe
No problem. You explain to my wife why our insurance now includes coverage for a Peterbuilt!
here i thought u was a bull dog man

here i thought u was a bull dog man
I am, but I like the old ones and old good condition ones are pretty rare.

A 359 Pete would be my number one pick for a toy hauler and there are still plenty of them around.

What? Did you get married by Judge or other civil official? I don't know of any Pastor that will wed a couple without pre-marital counseling. Women, though they don't understand and can't relate, learn to accept that a man and has certain needs, (anything with moving parts, related tools, accessories, firearms, etc) and this all works into that "provider" instinct God hardwired into man. Unlike diamond rings & jewelry, our item are ASSETS that either increase in value or save us money.

If you failed to receive that pre-marital counseling, there is a book that will help you out: "How to Win Friends & Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.

There is a plus side of second marriages. My bride's first husband couldn't do anything. So she went from one extreme to the other. When she questions my latest acquisition, I ask her, "When was the last time you had to pay to have your car repaired or serviced? Moreover, when have we ever paid someone to repair or improve anything? That question pretty much settles the perceived issue.

Last year I had to go through cleaning up my garage to make room for a 4 post lift because I brought home another car and no room for it !!! After a week of moving and straightening and yes throwing stuff out or giving it away, I had a semi-organized garage. Now just 6 months later I've had to replace a few of the items that I got rid of :mad:. I think from now on I'm gonna use Toughsox's wisdom and let my kids worry about it. Besides it's always fun to watch people come over and stare at everything with utter amazement, kinda like a kid in a toy store 🤣

I have been throwing out stuff as we get the final boxes from our move unpacked. Have already run into a couple of why did I throw that out’s. But I also don’t want to end up like my mom was with piles of useless crap that take 5 roll of dumpsters to haul away . She was bitter til the day she died about us cleaning the house out.

I had an ex-wife I did n't need anymore, didn't matter what I did I could not get rid of her. But there are some tools in the garage that has become a part of the woodwork. I may use them once every few years if that long.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Besides it's always fun to watch people come over and stare at everything with utter amazement, kinda like a kid in a toy store
Yeah, my buddy will be over here and he just looks around and says "you've got WAAAAYYY too much stuff in here... problem is, I don't see anything I'd get rid of either!"

My wife has the house and I have the garage and pole barn/workshop. All are full of our particular "needs". I think of it as a security precaution. If someone were to break in they would spend 6 months trying to decide what to take, or just possibly get lost in the piles and we'll find them later.

View attachment 739220

Move.

Once is all it will take.

The test for me is "Is it worth moving". Since buying our current property I have failed miserably. Bigger tractor, added a backhoe, bigger Z, added a Gator...... Just that stuff will take three or more trips with the trailer......
Use the backhoe to dig a big hole and bury the stuff.

When this quarantine thing started and I had to start working from home, I had time in evenings to start sorting out things to get rid of. So far I have sold the following:

SOLD Deep Freeze - $50
SOLD Stack washer/dryers $250
SOLD boat gas Tank $25
SOLD Coke Machine $300
SOLD three 12” trailer wheels $40
SOLD VW temporary spare tire $20
SOLD HVAC $150
SOLD Charcoal smoker $10
SOLD Cabinet Sewing Machine $100
SOLD 16” tire wheel. $35
SOLD Dorsey Rotary Cutter $375

Some of the stuff was sentimental but needed work done on it that I just didn’t have time to do. Some was what I thought was junk but listed it for sale and it sold immediately.

I will pick up my brand new 60 gallon air compressor tomorrow so the old 26 gallon with a broken regulator will be listed next. I’m also over $1400 to the good so new toys can be purchased.

When this quarantine thing started and I had to start working from home, I had time in evenings to start sorting out things to get rid of. So far I have sold the following:

SOLD Deep Freeze - $50
SOLD Stack washer/dryers $250
SOLD boat gas Tank $25
SOLD Coke Machine $300
SOLD three 12” trailer wheels $40
SOLD VW temporary spare tire $20
SOLD HVAC $150
SOLD Charcoal smoker $10
SOLD Cabinet Sewing Machine $100
SOLD 16” tire wheel. $35
SOLD Dorsey Rotary Cutter $375
That sounds like a lot of strangers coming to your house. How do you allow folks to look at your stuff and make cash sales while social distancing?

I have a bunch of stuff waiting to go on the block but figured now is probably not the best time to have loads of folks coming and looking at things. Selling to strangers is risky enough without all this Corona mess.

Reactions: mjncad
For the first time since the panic started I have seen yard sales listed in the local paper.

I too have stuff to go but am not quite ready to take that step. Probably more that I hate yard sales than fear of contagion.

Reactions: mjncad and BigJim55
That sounds like a lot of strangers coming to your house. How do you allow folks to look at your stuff and make cash sales while social distancing?

I have a bunch of stuff waiting to go on the block but figured now is probably not the best time to have loads of folks coming and looking at things. Selling to strangers is risky enough without all this Corona mess.
I never had people come to shop for my stuff. All looking was done online. The person who came was the buyer. We just kept our distance. No handshakes or anything. Everything was outside. The sewing machine, deep freeze and coke machines were all sitting in the driveway. No one came in the house.

Exposure was a lot less than going to your local TSC, Menards, Rural King Walmart Lowe’s or grocery store.

For the first time since the panic started I have seen yard sales listed in the local paper.

I too have stuff to go but am not quite ready to take that step. Probably more that I hate yard sales than fear of contagion.
That's a toss-up for sure. :)

I never had people come to shop for my stuff. All looking was done online. The person who came was the buyer. We just kept our distance. No handshakes or anything. Everything was outside. The sewing machine, deep freeze and coke machines were all sitting in the driveway. No one came in the house.

Exposure was a lot less than going to your local TSC, Menards, Rural King Walmart Lowe’s or grocery store.
Wow... that's great that you can do it like that. I always end up with a bunch of weirdos. I even once had one guy that was real serious and when he showed up he didn't have any money with him. I was like "WTF are we doing here?".

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.