Green Tractor Talk banner

Do you own a trailer or how do you move your tractor around when needed?

• I own a trailer large enough for my tractor.

Votes: 79 71.2%
  • A buddy owns a trailer and I use his.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I do not own a trailer and would have the dealer get it if needed.

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • I just drive my tractor down the road.

Votes: 10 9.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
I have a 10k rated 16' trailer I use when needed:

DSC03464.JPG DSC03471.JPG DSC03463.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I bought a trailer big enough to haul my 345 GT yet small enough to pull around the land with the 345 and haul wood, etc.

It only has a 5 x 10 deck. I think it MIGHT hold the 2305 without the deck and loader but not sure. I plan to try it someday. It wouldn't be ideal but might get me to the dealer a few miles away.

I do have access to a car trailer if needed.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I bought an 18 ft car hauler a few months ago. Mainly to haul my 2520 and implements to our deer lease about 80 miles away. But...it has been very convenient for so much more being able to load off the sides with my forks. trailer 001.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
I have two trailers. I only have GTs, so I can get by with smaller trailers. I have one 4 x 8 HF trailer that I use when I only carry one GT without deck and for other stuff. I also have a 6 x 14 single axle trailer with a 5 foot ramp gate. I can get two GTs on it.

trailer_Cory_2.jpg trailer_cory_1.jpg 1988 318 left front. jpg.JPG 1988 318 right rear.jpg

trailer1.jpg trailer3.jpg trailerloaded.jpg trailerloaded2.jpg

·
Registered
190 Posts
Deck overs are a pain

I bought a 20' deck over trailer with a 12k capacity. It is nice and I don't have to worry about damaging fenders when loading/unloading big (800lb)square bales of hay. The deck is the same height as the bed on my Chevy 2500HD. I have a earthen built up ramp that I can back up to and drive on with the tractor but the destination is a problem. Another thread had a link to discount ramps and I'm looking at a set of 8' ramps that will hold the weight of my tractor. It's been a trade-off between having lots of deck space and/or having big ramps and having a tractor way up high on the trailer.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am lucky that both of my neighbors to the left and the right are also my best friends. Both have trailers big enough to haul my 2320 including mower deck and FEL. And both have trucks strong enough to pull those loaded trailers! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I am lucky that both of my neighbors to the left and the right are also my best friends. Both have trailers big enough to haul my 2320 including mower deck and FEL. And both have trucks strong enough to pull those loaded trailers! :thumbup1gif:
Yea, when ya have a trailer or even a truck sometimes you become very popular.. :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
225 Posts
My landscape trailer wasn't heavy duty enough for my 3320 so I traded it in for this 7 by 16 dump trailer. It's worked great so far.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364399984.508523.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364399994.914190.jpg

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I said I borrow a buddy's trailer, but to confess, my "buddy" is my brother, and my 2520 never leaves my area other than when the dealer picks it up with HIS trailer.:lol: Then again, my dealer is only a few miles away and the field service guy passes my place all the time, so it's no problem for him to stop and get it if it needs to go back for some reason.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I built a 22' trailer 15 years ago that was the perfect for hauling vehicles. Electric brakes, torsion levelers, beaver tail, swing down ramps, tool box, the whole 9 yards. Used it for 13 years and then it sat because I sold my classic car. So I sold it, then 2 years later I bought my 1026R and now I wish I would have kept it so I voted that I just drive mine down the road. If I do need to haul it somewhere far away I use a friends trailer now. I'm not building another one.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
trailerhome.jpg

I do all my own stunts. :laugh: I've got a 24', 14K gooseneck. Works okay. Realistically, the whole rig is on the light side for what I want to do, but it's certainly capable of doing it safely. I'd love to have an F-550, and a 22K trailer though. At least 25' flat with a 5' dovetail, maybe 30' flat. Of course, by the time I price those out, even used I would be cheaper to buy a used semi tractor and a lowboy. Not sure which way to go, and not looking very hard. If the right deal comes up though...

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
I have a 16' Aluma I use if I need. I pull the trailer with the tractor more than the tractor on the trailer. I hauled the tractor once to the dealer about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't really fit into those choices. I can move this one but any of the others would be either overloaded or truck empty and no implements. I doubt the dealer would move from place a to b and a 53 foot big rig on a return trip deal costs virtually the same as a dedicated move for something of this size. Meaning add a 32,000 load, put the tractor on the high front part, and it only costs a few hundred more to go 6-700 miles. The drive it is also a choice rather often. I also found that the fluid in tires seems worthless as I found a tractor to buy which would be within my capabilities to move if the fluid was removed from all the tires and the dealer doesn't want the fluid and expects me to hire a hauler I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts