Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I completed a dual zone mini split system for 2 bathrooms.The bathrooms are in a huge custom building being built for the worlds largest Dodge Viper collector. He and his wife have around 80 of them.This would include the very last Viper made as well as one of two custom Spider man edition Vipers.....along with their very own special edition that Dodge made 30 or so of that was sold to the public.They have several of every year model starting with 1992. One car that caught my eye was painted to where it would change colors,depending on what angle you viewed it from....that paint job cost 25000.00 or so.Several of the vipers were custom made for them

But....thats just the vipers. Then there's the others...one of a very few Dodge Challenger SRT8 ACR's made strictly for racing,ferraris,ford gt's,corvettes...

I told him I was available for adoption
Here's his wife getting the last viper

BTW...they are both very nice down to earth people. He was out there working as hard as anyone on the building. He took me on a tour and showed me the cars and explained different cars and their back ground,etc......I liked him a lot.

Last Dodge Viper Rolls Off Production Line - YouTube

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was really disappointed to see that he only had a Kubota Bx-25....and on 28 acres. But...they have a ranch in Oklahoma somewhere...so :unknown:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
"I told him I was available for adoption"
HELLO! Don't forget me,,,,,, brother.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I am a hot rod enthusiast and have been for years. A Viper will always catch your attention going down the street but have you ever listened to one? I have had better sounding tractors !

Some cars sound great (like the Mustang GTs )but have always been disappointed in the sound of a viper. Listen to the last few seconds of that video.

I am always amazed at the number of cars owned by a single collector. I recently sold my 67 Z28 RS which is very sought after and met a guy that owned one along with other cars.

Check out his collection. The Hemi Cuda convertible is the actual one that they bought for Miami Vice.

Home

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any idea what he and his wife did for work?
From what I understand...He owned a trucking/leasing company and also leased equipment to the oil field. He was bought out around 2006 (height of the market)by a man that wanted no competition in this area. He paid a lot for that exclusivity...and went bankrupt later on.
I am a hot rod enthusiast and have been for years. I Viper will always catch your attention going down the street but have you ever listened to one? I have had better sounding tractors !

Some cars sound great (like the Mustang) GTs but have always been disappointed in the sound of a viper. Listen to the last few seconds of that video.

I am always amazed at the number of cars owned by a single collector. I recently sold my 67 Z28 RS which is very sought after and met a guy that owned one along with other cars.

Check out his collection. The Hemi Cuda convertible is the actual one that they bought for Miami Vice.

Home
I agree...he started one up to move into the building...and I was like...what in he11's wrong with the engine on that thing?

I thought I had all the server issues ironed out. Then I get here and the pictures are not working...... :unknown::empathy::munch:
Man...I'm sorry. But I didnt know how he might react if I whipped out a camera.He took me back to his other secured buildings where the cars are jammed in waiting for their new digs. Only the very rarest were in a climate controlled room.
Good news is, he invited me out for the fall club get together. I'll get pics then !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts