Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just called and claimed it won't fit (which sounds like BS) and they are trying to talk me into a smaller Woods unit that's almost the same price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My name is Brett.

The PHD100 will fit your 1025R. The PHD100 is rated from 18 to 30 PTO HP. Your 1025R has 18 rear PTO HP. I don't know why your local dealer told you it would not work with your unit.

I work as a Sales Representative for Mutton Power Equipment. If you would like a quote on a PHD100 just message me.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My name is Brett.

The PHD100 will fit your 1025R. The PHD100 is rated from 18 to 30 PTO HP. Your 1025R has 18 rear PTO HP. I don't know why your local dealer told you it would not work with your unit.

I work as a Sales Representative for Mutton Power Equipment. If you would like a quote on a PHD100 just message me.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, Brett, I appreciate the info.

My guess is that the dealer is trying to get rid of a woods TPD25 they have sitting on their lot to clear inventory. The sales guy was talking to me about it when I was in yesterday.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Does the 3pt hitch on your tractor lift high enough to get the auger bit off the ground? I could see that being an issue on the smaller tractors using a PHD designed for a bigger tractor.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the 3pt hitch on your tractor lift high enough to get the auger bit off the ground? I could see that being an issue on the smaller tractors using a PHD designed for a bigger tractor.
AFAIK the PHD100 is designed for compact tractors and it's also listed as compatible in the attachment brochure, the 1 Series brochure and the build to order configurator on John Deere's website. So, I'm going to guess that since JD says its compatible in three different places and I have two dealers that say it's compatible....well, it must be a duck. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only PHD suitable for the 1025R is the PHD100 based on the required PTO ratings. Anything bigger than that would not work because the actual PHD unit itself is bigger in size. Also, the top link on the tractor is removed anytime a PHD model is hooked up, so to answer your question, yes the 3pt hitch will lift high enough to get the auger bit off the ground. I have some pictures of a 2305 I have with a PHD100 on it. Please see attached.

-Brett

Attachments

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
The only PHD suitable for the 1025R is the PHD100 based on the required PTO ratings. Anything bigger than that would not work because the actual PHD unit itself is bigger in size. Also, the top link on the tractor is removed anytime a PHD model is hooked up, so to answer your question, yes the 3pt hitch will lift high enough to get the auger bit off the ground. I have some pictures of a 2305 I have with a PHD100 on it. Please see attached.

-Brett
Nice having people on here that work behind the counter to answer these types of questions. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Because of the smaller rear tires on the 1025, it does limit the ability to run a post hole digger. But the Frontier unit you are talking about works, and I have the PHD from Tractor Supply (County Line brand) that works.

1025 hole digger.jpg

1025 trees2.jpg

·
584 Posts
Post augers are one of the things you have to watch for on a "limited" cat 1 hitch. Limited means due to the tractor sitting lower to the ground over a standard compact, some implements won't fit. Post diggers are a big one. Putting the wrong one on will result in the tractor not being able to lift the auger off the ground. Stick with the PHD100. Last thing you want is to spend money on something that won't work.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, thanks to everyone here I got things worked out with the dealer and they are putting my order through today. All is well.

And now...back to waiting. :cray:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I got my PHD from TSC for less than JD PHD. It works just fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
CAUTION - was warned by dealer he had customer who hooked up PHD to 1025R top link before hooking up bottom links and broke one ear off the top link attachment point.

He said it was not an quick fix.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CAUTION - was warned by dealer he had customer who hooked up PHD to 1025R top link before hooking up bottom links and broke one ear off the top link attachment point.

How on earth would that even happen like that? The PHD only weighs 112lbs, if hooking it up broke the tractor then using it would be impossible. I'd guess either the dealer or that customer was telling some tall tales.

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts

Or cheap I'd bet!

I could see that happening on many different machines, the cast tabs where the TL attaches is not designed to take a side/twisting load like would happen if the PHD flopped over. Good reminder, thanks for posting.

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
How on earth would that even happen like that? The PHD only weighs 112lbs, if hooking it up broke the tractor then using it would be impossible. I'd guess either the dealer or that customer was telling some tall tales.
Easy I think...the top link of the PHD is a long lever with huge weight (gearbox) on the end. Attach the top link only, it flops over to the side and snap-off comes the tab.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Easy I think...the top link of the PHD is a long lever with huge weight (gearbox) on the end. Attach the top link only, it flops over to the side and snap-off comes the tab.
Bingo, that's what he said happened. Flopped over and broke casting. I could see it happening as he described it. He is very experienced, and seems to know the equipment.

He said he saw broken machine in their shop.

·
Registered
12,601 Posts

·
Administrator
20,968 Posts
tractorslinger ; the link will not open for me. big jim
Jim, are you getting any windows at all when you click on the link? It works ok for me. I wonder if your pop-up blocker settings are preventing you from getting the link to work?

What happens when you click on the link?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts