Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We were searching the differences between the AMT 622 and the AMT 626 - but we didn't find, except of the years of manufacture. But this can't be all...

Registered
I have no idea, but why can't the year made be all the difference in the number? Definitely seen stranger or lesser reasons to change them...:dunno:

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think, that the production year is the reason. Normally a model name changes, when the engine gets stronger or the design changes. But here, I've no idea...

Bonehead Club Lackey
AMT 622 and the AMT 626, I don't know what that is. :dunno: To me AMT is the company that messed up the Harley.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Levi, this is a JD forum, not a Harley :bigthumb::laugh:

And here you see the AMT

Administrator
AMT 622 and the AMT 626, I don't know what that is. :dunno: To me AMT is the company that messed up the Harley.
You're thinking AMF. They were the ones who owned HD during the 70s and early 80s.

Bonehead Club Lackey
Hi Levi, this is a JD forum, not a Harley :bigthumb::laugh:

And here you see the AMT
Well, now I know what it is but I can't help you on your question. Sorry. :dunno:

You're thinking AMF. They were the ones who owned HD during the 70s and early 80s.
You're exactly right Diesel. I don't know why I thought AMT. :bigthumb:

Registered
Here is the PC2269 covering both machines and there are some distinctions by model shown throughout...

View attachment PC2269 - AMT 622 & 626.PDF

There are many subtle drive-line and frame differences...early 622 units had a 43 inch center to center tread width similar to the AMT 600 single operator version, whereas the "improved axle" allows for later 622's to have a 51 inch center to center tread width like a 626 has... The TM1363 is about 36 MB and shows very few times that the servicing of the 622 and 626 need different adjustments or procedures.

The differences between these two models are evolutionary and not revolutionary to be sure...I have only owned a 626 in the past, so don't really have any other information to offer...most of these units saw pretty hard use and predate the turf Gators, so if you find a good one let us know. I sold my 626 to another WFM member when I got my Electric Gator as the wife liked that unit much better. Here are pictures of the ones I had:

AMT 626.jpg

Gator and trailer - under 75kB.jpg

Chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts