Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The tractor guy in town was going to try and find one in a 15inch but he said no luck. He said it was a universal 6 lug implement rim.

The spray rig I own has the same rim, the seed drill I own has the same rim also. I would think it would be easy to order If i knew how to type it in. I’ll post pictures but here are the measurements. 4.5 center, 6inches across lug hole to lug hole and each lug hole is 3inches apart. Rim is also 6inches wide. I’d appreciate some info on what I need to type in or maybe even a good link to one So i can order it. I need one rim but seeing how so much stuff has this on it I wouldn’t mind buying 2 to have a spare around.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Look up Hey Wheel in Baldwin City Ks. On their website they show how to measure rims precisely. They are supposed to ship them as well if you want to order from them. I don't know about that because I live close enough to them I just drive there. They also custom make rims if needed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
The extra holes are for mounting the wheel, "other side out"

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Look up Hey Wheel in Baldwin City Ks. On their website they show how to measure rims precisely. They are supposed to ship them as well if you want to order from them. I don't know about that because I live close enough to them I just drive there. They also custom make rims if needed.

I bought 4 new wheels from them about 4 years ago for my farm wagon. Good place.

Dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found some implement wheels on Facebook market they are 16inch but that’s probably better since 15s are getting about as rare as 14s these days. So now I’m going to look into getting this cylinder going. It has some rust... I’m thinking some light sand paper? Also the hoses. Napa told me to drop it off and they would replace the lines. One line is bigger in diameter. I don’t really see the need for it. Probably just get some 2600 psi line that came on the BW disc I bought. Opinions on the cylinder rust? Light sand paper and hope for the best. Prices these at tractor supply as they are around $200. Besides this one sitting I’d think it would ok. Better off trying it out instead of buying a new one. I was told to definitely try and get rid of the rust because it could mess of the seals. On the seed drill as other disc I always make sure the cylinder is in and out of the weather

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,292 Posts
Lots of issue there...
-rust/pitting on the rod
-hoses cracked/deteriorated
-cast galvanized "plumbing" fittings not rated for hydraulic pressures.

For the rust, yes you can try to sand/polish the rod, but it will still probably leak some and tear up wiper seal, but that's not a huge deal in this application unless it really starts leaking bad. the hose and elbows need replacement, online companies like the Surplus Center offer ready made ones in various lengths that are cheaper than custom made ones, TSC and other farm stores often carry them too.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
What size cylinder do you need/want. I have a few that are collecting dust.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What size cylinder do you need/want. I have a few that are collecting dust.
I think it says 3/4 2500 psi... but heck, I think I’m just gonna take the one off my 14ft disc and swap them. It seems to work fine power strength wise. Save me some money and it only takes about 10 minutes to swap. I mounted the rims and tires I purchased had to grind the center a little. Tractor rims not really universal 6 lugs. Would’ve been better if they were wider but they will work unless I get into some mud. The offset disc must weight a lot, I’d love to have an idea on how much. Even with 60psi the tires look low when the weight is put down on them. One of the tires is brand new 8ply too.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts