Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used 47" blower for my 1025 but didn't get the hose guides so I picked up those parts a few weeks ago. Problem is I can't figure out where the front guide should mount. See picture.

There are some large bolts that are too big for the guide. There's a large square opening in the frame but that seems unlikely and too far rearward. There's one small star-head bolt up in the front area that might work but I couldn't budge it with the tools I had available so couldn't try it - and I'm not sure it would clear the side panel anyway.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
Why not use the guide that is already mounted on the tractor, left side of the photo?

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
I found some photos on-line which seem to show where to mount a second hose guide towards the front of the tractor.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
My JD plow came with one of those hose pig tails as well. Never used it. Maybe different tractors may need them so they include it.:dunno:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not use the guide that is already mounted on the tractor, left side of the photo?
There's a second one up front somewhere to keep the hoses from chaffing on the front corner of the tractor.

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
There's a second one up front somewhere to keep the hoses from chaffing on the front corner of the tractor.
I found another photo with a closer view.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found some photos on-line which seem to show where to mount a second hose guide towards the front of the tractor.

Helpful - thanks. That looks like the large square hole is used. I have to give some though to how to secure a bolt in there - maybe a couple fender washers to help?

I hooked up my grapple for the first time today and something is definitely needed there to keep the hoses off the tire and also from the relatively sharp edge at the corner.

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
Helpful - thanks. That looks like the large square hole is used. I have to give some though to how to secure a bolt in there - maybe a couple fender washers to help?

I hooked up my grapple for the first time today and something is definitely needed there to keep the hoses off the tire and also from the relatively sharp edge at the corner.
Yep, put a washer on both sides of the hole and you'll be all set. If you are worried about abrasion, pick up a short piece of Dura-Wrap from Kenny. I use them on my blower hoses where they pass near the tire and brush guard.

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
I found another photo with a closer view.

It looks like the hoses still touch at the front of the brush guard ...I wonder if it wouldn't be better to mount that front one, or an additional one there?

That may be a pad or something hidden behind the hoses at that point...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, put a washer on both sides of the hole and you'll be all set. If you are worried about abrasion, pick up a short piece of Dura-Wrap from Kenny. I use them on my blower hoses where they pass near the tire and brush guard.

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

Scroll to the bottom of the page.
Thanks for the tip on the Dura-Wrap. Never even saw that he had that stuff.

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
It looks like the hoses still touch at the front of the brush guard ...I wonder if it wouldn't be better to mount that front one, or an additional one there?

That may be a pad or something hidden behind the hoses at that point...
I doubt you'd have any problem but if in doubt you could wrap that section of the hoses in a short piece of Dura-Wrap. On my 2720 I was more concerned about the hoses getting into the front tire chains. So I put some Dura-Wrap on them and routed the hoses inside the brush guard which seems to be a gentler path. As such I really only need one hose guide.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts