Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth getting a one row cultivator for a 1025R? I'm hoping someone here has tried it. It seems like the low ground clearance would prevent you from using it once the plants got over a few inches tall. I'm trying to find something to put in rows for planting, and weeding between the rows after the plants start growing. I've always used a garden hoe, but now I have this tractor. I'd rather use the tractor if the cultivator would work.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I use one with my 2025R. Once plants are 8-10 inches tall ground clearance kills it and that’s bending the plants over a little. Best way we have figured to use the tractor in garden is setting our rows wide enough for the tractor and 4ft tiller to go between all season. Typically we lay it off with the tractor and plant every other row. A few rows we plant every row and that’s shorter stuff where I use the cultivator.

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
I have. It is a pain for small areas and tough when you plant with a 1 row. The plants can be fairly tall and will recover from the bending. They will not recover if you set it to wide and get too close to them. Last year I did 5-6 inches from each side this year 8” and it was better. 5-6 is fine if your row is straight but that gets very small very quick. This is a picture from last year.

I keep debating on making this a 2 row but I like the fourth row because of like you said, less bent plants

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Harvester

Reactions: MattL and mwilli58
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.