Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen mention recently of members needing hose extensions for their 1025 with cabs, particularly the Mauser cab. I don't know if it effects cabs from other manufacturers.

I've seen this in the 1025R parts catalog before but don't really know what it is, other than guessing. It's listed as 'Attachment, Hoses and Clamp, Cab'. When I add the part to my cart (JDParts.com) and look at the parts detail, the description says "Hose Kit - HOSES & CLAMP FOR CAB COMPATIBILITY".

Currently, I can only find it listed in the H120 (loader) catalog. Didn't find it listed in the 120R or the 220R catalog. A search on Google comes up pretty empty with exception of a few PDFs, which mention "BW16182. Hoses and Clamp. To Update H120 and 120R Loaders for Cab Tractors". Most of the Google hits only mention the H120 loader but one or two also mention the 120R, and looking at a couple of the PDFs, the BW16182 kit is shown under the 120R heading. If it fits the H120, I would imagine it works on the 120R also. From the Google hits, I get the impression that no-one stocks it, but maybe because no-one knows of its existence, or what it is.

So, my speculation is that it could be JDs version of hose extensions for the 1025 with a factory (Mauser) cab. Looking at the picture it's showing 90° fittings at both ends and that they are possibly female fittings. That part has me scratching my head as to how they'd work. The hose that comes off the loader boom is male, screwing into a female end of the quick connect coupler (the mating portion of the coupler is male, but the hose end of the coupler is female). Obviously being a drawing detail is sometimes omitted, but JDs pictures have been pretty good at depicting accuracy of parts. Maybe it is male on one end and female on the other, though it's not too clear.

I am in no way trying to take sales away from Kenny, as I know he can supply extensions for the 1025 with cab, amongst other models. I've seen this in the catalog and was wondering if anyone has any info about them, or even knew of their existence.

SmartSelect_20191126-174858_Samsung Internet.jpg

Link to the page in the parts catalog:

H120 Loader - PC8677-40 ATTACHMENTS -Attachment, Hoses and Clamp, Cab - ST806788

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I've seen mention recently of members needing hose extensions for their 1025 with cabs, particularly the Mauser cab. I don't know if it effects cabs from other manufacturers.

I've seen this in the 1025R parts catalog before but don't really know what it is, other than guessing. It's listed as 'Attachment, Hoses and Clamp, Cab'. When I add the part to my cart (JDParts.com) and look at the parts detail, the description says "Hose Kit - HOSES & CLAMP FOR CAB COMPATIBILITY".

Currently, I can only find it listed in the H120 (loader) catalog. Didn't find it listed in the 120R or the 220R catalog. A search on Google comes up pretty empty with exception of a few PDFs, which mention "BW16182. Hoses and Clamp. To Update H120 and 120R Loaders for Cab Tractors". Most of the Google hits only mention the H120 loader but one or two also mention the 120R, and looking at a couple of the PDFs, the BW16182 kit is shown under the 120R heading. If it fits the H120, I would imagine it works on the 120R also. From the Google hits, I get the impression that no-one stocks it, but maybe because no-one knows of its existence, or what it is.

So, my speculation is that it could be JDs version of hose extensions for the 1025 with a factory (Mauser) cab. Looking at the picture it's showing 90° fittings at both ends and that they are possibly female fittings. That part has me scratching my head as to how they'd work. The hose that comes off the loader boom is male, screwing into a female end of the quick connect coupler (the mating portion of the coupler is male, but the hose end of the coupler is female). Obviously being a drawing detail is sometimes omitted, but JDs pictures have been pretty good at depicting accuracy of parts. Maybe it is male on one end and female on the other, though it's not too clear.

I am in no way trying to take sales away from Kenny, as I know he can supply extensions for the 1025 with cab, amongst other models. I've seen this in the catalog and was wondering if anyone has any info about them, or even knew of their existence.

View attachment 715488

Link to the page in the parts catalog:

H120 Loader - PC8677-40 ATTACHMENTS -Attachment, Hoses and Clamp, Cab - ST806788
I would say Just go to Your dealer or a Hydraulic shop and Make Your own extensions Usually a Lot Less expensive then Buying a OEM kit. That's what I did Because I Have a Cab. But My 120R also Has a Artillian diverter as well:bigthumb:

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts
Nice detective work there kylew :good2:

I'm interested to see what this is really for, as you stated by looking at the picture it's really a mystery how this would be useful to extend the female fittings out from under the cab.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as cost from JD, I didn't think $75 was too bad for 4 hoses.

When I looked them up on JDParts, my dealer doesn't show stocking them. And as I mentioned, my impression from Googling the part number, it doesn't look like any dealer actually stocks them.

I don't need hose extensions, as I don't have a cab. I was trying to bring to light the existence of these from JD and wondered if anyone else knew of them, and any info about them.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice detective work there kylew :good2:

I'm interested to see what this is really for, as you stated by looking at the picture it's really a mystery how this would be useful to extend the female fittings out from under the cab.
Agreed.

Hopefully some member has seen these or one of our members that works at a dealer can look into it.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump

·
Registered
287 Posts
John Deere gets a bunch of money for the cab and to really do it right they should include a single point kit that mounts to the loader frame to eliminate the hassle of trying to connect under the cab. Connect Once when installing and done. I dread the thought of going through disconnecting and reconnecting hydraulic lines. Those of you who don’t have arthritis probably don’t understand and I hope you are never afflicted with it. I rarely change over to the FEL because of it. I have the hydraulic line tool and that Helps but trying to get your fingers to do what you want in such tight quarters is difficult.

If my crystal ball told me I had a long life ahead of me I would spend the money to accomplish having a single point installed with all new hydraulic hoses the perfect length. That would put a smile on my face.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed, that would be nice.

But again, the point of this topic is "I was trying to bring to light the existence of these from JD and wondered if anyone else knew of them, and any info about them".

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been frustrated with sinced I first made a hook up with the cab. I ordered some extensions from Ken and that has helped, but its not a great fix, good, but could be better.

A couple of observations.

If the bracket mount was moved forward from the tractor and mounted under the edge of the cab. Would there be enough room to make the connection between there and the axel? Could a person mount a few solid lines to the current set to gain a few inches?

Also the 45° angle on the hoses make matters worse when trying to connect in this situation given the shortened length. If the angle would swivel would that help? If this was a straight connection i feel it would be better under these circumstances.

Just thinking out loud.

I have been waiting for some things that should have been with or are wrong on my tractor from Deere and they are on back order or they don't know what to do, so I wont wait for them to solve this one for me. I am very curious about the part posted above.

Its a good thing I absolutely love my tractor!

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Agreed, that would be nice.

But again, the point of this topic is "I was trying to bring to light the existence of these from JD and wondered if anyone else knew of them, and any info about them".
I don't know of them and the only information I have is my opinion based upon what I see and personal experience and use of the connections with a cab. So Kyle, you might just want to stop reading right here as I am not getting to the bottom with first hand knowledge of THAT EXTENSION KIT, however, I have my opinions based upon experience and use about what works and what doesn't and what's preferred and what's not with these extensions.

Issues with the line kit as Illustrated
While its just an illustration in the parts section, the 90 degree fittings on both ends make no sense what so ever for that application. They would actually make the connections more difficult and route all lines towards the ground from the block, which would be nearly impossible with the design of the block and mounting bracket, The port locations and the proximity to the other pieces in the area.

It would route the line straight towards the ground and then you would have to loop them back up and looped around 180 degrees to connect to the loader lines to the 90 degree female fitting, which would largely eliminate most of the extension value and purpose. The net extension would be much less than a foot and a foot is the minimum you want. Picture a "S" shape to make use of the 90's on each end of the lines.

I could see the male end being straight and the female end having the 90 degree end and positioning the lines forward and then straight vertical to make the 90 degree female connection work, which again, would really shorten the "extension" benefit of the extension. It would make the alignment of the extended female fitting easier for the loader lines themselves but it also would be even easier removing the angled fittings from the loader lines. Plus, it would tend to wad the hoses up in front of the cab and behind the loader support, which wouldn't be ideal as I like the hoses above the loader frame and not under it where they can get snagged and damaged, etc.

H120 Loader and Not Mentioned for the 120R Loader from what I see
. Also, noticed they are listed for the H120 loader and not the 120R and there are some differences in the loader frame and design, but not enough to make the illustrated fittings applicable. Plus, with the necessary male and female fittings from Deere for less than $20 per line, someone in Corporate is likely to lose their job. Now, if the price was $40 each LINE, with fittings, I would think Deere had them priced in line with their other parts pricing and required margins. Not wanting to see any Deere corporate employee lose their jobs over the holidays, Its best we don't order the parts and bring the pricing issue to the attention of the bean counters.

Extensions work best with the angled fittings removed on the loader lines and I also don't like them on either end including going into the block mounted under the floor.

What about Hard Line Extensions under the cab floor?
Also, I don't think any extension of hard lines underneath the floor is the way to go. You are adding 8 connections out of sight up under the floor where they are a bear to work on if needed. You think hooking the lines into the existing female fittings are bad, try working with lines up under the edge of the platform. Also, without the cab, the mount for the female fittings is near the front edge of the floor. With the cab, they are back up under due to the cab extension over the front edge of the floor and the only way to get the mounting block out to the edge would be to mount it to the cab floor base and not the tractor floor. That would not be something I think would work well over the long haul. Plus, the lines and bracket would need to be supported as vibration would work on the lines over time.

Possible Relocation of the entire Mounting Block and related issues
At one point, I was considering moving the entire mounting block out onto the loader frame support and using rubber extensions between the steel lines now connecting into the block and the position of the block mounted onto the loader support. Mounting the block as securely on the loader frame complicated matters, plus it left the rubber extensions unsupported and hanging off the floor when the FEL was disconnected. After considering the alternatives, leaving the block under the floor and making the extensions worked the best thus far.

I looked long and hard at this and found the extensions the way I approached it are the best for my use and my needs. Others may vary. I don't think the extensions Kyle has found are the solution for this. I think they are used elsewhere on the H120 loader. The line kits for the H120 and the 120R are different because of the loader design. How different, I don't know because I don't own a H120 and have no plans to do so and just aren't interested enough to investigate it further.

Keys to the best line extensions in my humble opinion are;

1. to have the extension carry the lines so the rubber of the lines is resting on the loader support so the actual connections being made are all in front of the loader frame support. Its more open and easier to work there without the physical constraints of loader arms, other lines, etc. Plus, I don't want the metal fittings to be rubbing on the metal frame mount as it going to cause wear, etc.

2. Once you get the extensions on, wrapped to protect the lines against rubbing wear and eliminate the angled fittings and go all straight, its really a MUCH EASIER connection. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being as easy as possible and 10 being the biggest PITA you can imagine, without the extensions, the connection is about an 8 and with the extensions, its about a 2.5...........

Is there any way this kit is part of a diverter kit used out on the loader itself? It seems like I have seen something configured with the short lines and 90 degree fittings on each end. I can picture them with the 90 degree fittings on each hose facing opposing directions. In fact, for some reason, I can picture them just behind the bucket on the right side of the tractor. Maybe its all part of a dream or maybe its simply all being imagined.

and NONE of this did anything to help answer Kyle's question in his original post. Sorry Kyle.................:hide::hide2::slap-yourself-emoti

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As always, good info Sulley. And I do appreciate Sportshot's and Chequamegon's comments also.

Your comments made me think Sulley. We, or at least I, was envisioning these to extend from the existing location of the coupler block under the floor, to the loader or quick hitch hoses. What if they are to extend the SCV lines and make the coupler block re-locateable more forward? Or make the loader hoses longer to push them back closer to the coupler block? I doubt that either of these ideas are the answer, and quite a long shot, but just trying to think outside of the box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts