Premium Member
12,658 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Holy smoke, how simple. Thanks.:good2: A couple of times I thought it was a typo for millimeter abbreviation. I had no idea what they were measuring in millimeters but I couldn't figure mmm out.
It took me about 2 month to figure out what TLB stood for.

·
Premium Member
12,658 Posts
Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
772 Posts
Holy smoke, how simple. Thanks.:good2: A couple of times I thought it was a typo for millimeter abbreviation. I had no idea what they were measuring in millimeters but I couldn't figure mmm out.
If you are reading posts on your pc, you can hover the cursor over an abbreviation and it will display what it stands for. Sometimes you will see some dots under the abbreviation which I guess lets you know the forum knows what it means. It's right most of the time. It does think pc means "parts catalog" instead of personal computer.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you are reading posts on your pc, you can hover the cursor over an abbreviation and it will display what it stands for. Sometimes you will see some dots under the abbreviation which I guess lets you know the forum knows what it means. It's right most of the time. It does think pc means "parts catalog" instead of personal computer.
And here I thought pc meant politically correct. :)

OOPS I see testerg beat me to that one.

Read everything before saying anything...

·
Registered
23,026 Posts
It took me about 2 month to figure out what TLB stood for.
Same with FEL for me - it was closer to a year.

The internet is full of these homemade abbreviations and acronyms. To me it’s just pure laziness.

What’s so hard about typing loader instead of FEL? Besides - a loader is always on the front end so why bother with the FE?

I could to on and on but I digress......

·
Administrator
18,274 Posts

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts