Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..just sharing a few pictures. Thanks to other GTT members for some nice ideas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Those dollies look good. That's a great way to move implements around your shop/garage.

I plan to build a dolly to move my 60" mid-mount mower around when it's detached from the tractor. That'll have to be a spring project though as I have the deck in storage now out at the farm.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I do have a question though. Are the casters on the backhoe dolly big enough to roll easily given the weight of the hoe? They look small to me, but maybe it's just my computer or bad eyes.

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
Great job, thanks for posting :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Casters for dollies

The casters I used were rated for 175# from THD at $5ea - Shepherd 2-1/2" Polypropylene Wheel Swivel Plate Caster Model # 939 . Everything held up and they seem to roll ok inside garage. The other ones I've seen used are probably better, but 4-5x the cost.

For sure, I will be changing out the smaller cross pieces on the 260 dolly with some 2x4 at next opportunity. And maybe adding another 2x4 to the height of the front/back sections of the loader bucket dolly to keep it from sliding around.

·
127 Posts
..just sharing a few pictures. Thanks to other GTT members for some nice ideas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
These look awesome!

We're definitely going to bookmark this post to give to our customers when they buy attachments from us - that's some handy use of wood and wheels right there! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
38 Posts
The casters I used were rated for 175# from THD at $5ea - Shepherd 2-1/2" Polypropylene Wheel Swivel Plate Caster Model # 939 . Everything held up and they seem to roll ok inside garage. The other ones I've seen used are probably better, but 4-5x the cost.

For sure, I will be changing out the smaller cross pieces on the 260 dolly with some 2x4 at next opportunity. And maybe adding another 2x4 to the height of the front/back sections of the loader bucket dolly to keep it from sliding around.
Would you be able to post any updated pictures and maybe a measurement diagram of the 260 backhoe dolly? It looks great and I'd really like to build one! Thanks! :drinks:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Loader dolly

So I've got my H130 loader that I'd like to put on a dolly for the winter since I'll be installing my 54 front blower soon. Seems like a simple enough concept with the furniture dolly's. Honestly I haven't removed my loader in the 8 or so months I've owned the 2520. Is there any concern about the parking stand collapsing if I put one dolly under the bucket and another under the kickstand?

·
Registered
947 Posts
So I've got my H130 loader that I'd like to put on a dolly for the winter since I'll be installing my 54 front blower soon. Seems like a simple enough concept with the furniture dolly's. Honestly I haven't removed my loader in the 8 or so months I've owned the 2520. Is there any concern about the parking stand collapsing if I put one dolly under the bucket and another under the kickstand?
I did it that way the first winter we had our 2320 and 200CX FEL. Since then for storage, I have been removing the bucket from the FEL and placing it on a dolly. I then get the arms and stand as close to where I would like to store it and unhook from the tractor. Once I have the FEL arms and stand in place, I push the bucket (on dolly) between the arms. Its better if you have a helper since you have the lift the dolly wheels over the stand. This way helps save space in our already tight garage. I think you would be surprised at how you can move around the FEL arms and stand once the bucket is off. Like you...I was more comfortable with the arms and the stand on the concrete versus dollies.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like the idea of removing the bucket. So you are saying with bucket off its not too bad to slide the loader around on the concrete without a dolly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
947 Posts
I like the idea of removing the bucket. So you are saying with bucket off its not too bad to slide the loader around on the concrete without a dolly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is correct. I am saying I would want to shove it 10 ft, but I have lifted and moved it along a couple of feet of concrete. Try it and if its too heavy, go with the dollies.

Good luck

·
Registered
96 Posts
That is correct. I am saying I would want to shove it 10 ft, but I have lifted and moved it along a couple of feet of concrete. Try it and if its too heavy, go with the dollies.

Good luck
Thanks. I want to tuck it away in the barn corner but be able to drag it out mid-winter so I can make some snow piles for the kids.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
All this is a great idea. Seen this before and I'm still in the same predicament now as I was then. My barn where I store everything is all dirt flooring. Anybody want to cement it for me? I'm retired now so I would be great at supervising. Gizmo is a great teacher when it comes to supervising, at least that's where I learned it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :munch:

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts
Gizmo actually is multitasking. Not only is he supervising, he is also a great photographer.
He's something alright.:mocking:

·
Super Moderator
5,213 Posts
I'm kinda curious what the OP does with his Quick Hitch for the plow.

I wanted to put some sort of a cart together for my 54" plow and was planning on using angle iron with some upright arms up just high enough to hang the Quick Hitch over the top of the plow so I could keep them all together.

Reactions: DGBRx

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,849 Posts
All this is a great idea. Seen this before and I'm still in the same predicament now as I was then. My barn where I store everything is all dirt flooring. Anybody want to cement it for me? I'm retired now so I would be great at supervising. Gizmo is a great teacher when it comes to supervising, at least that's where I learned it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :munch:
It's a tough job! Done well by only a select few, the rest are jealous.:lol: By your statement "My barn where I store everything is all dirt flooring. Anybody want to cement it for me?" I think you have what it takes. :lol:

Reactions: Levi

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,849 Posts
Gizmo actually is multitasking. Not only is he supervising, he is also a great photographer.
Comes with the job. You need to take pictures in order to help point out imperfections in workmanship. Stay with me here!:lol:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought a few dollies on sale at TS. I found 4 more on CL for $30. I put the weight box, 6ft plow, 47 blower, front hitch, grapple, loader, welder, box blade, etc all on the dollies. It makes it much easier for one man me to move the stuff around and make changes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Has anyone put their tiller on casters? I'm also curious about the quick hitch storage. Like most, I'm limited on storage size.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts