Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
I don't have a picture because this was quite a few years ago. I was hauling a load of crushed cars on a 48' flatbed trailer for a guy I was working for and got pulled into a DOT check that was set up behind a gas station on some back road. The guy was getting ready to nit pick my load to death when a couple of guys pulled in to park and get some lunch (not realizing there was a DOT cop there), they had a Dodge pickup with duals and a 2 axle eager beaver and believe it or not a Cat D6 high track dozer on the trailer. The cop looked at me and said "this is your lucky day, I'm going have more fun with these guys" :lol:
Needless to say, I high tailed it our there. :good2:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aside from the tractor barely fitting on the trailer, and not having any obvious loader locks... Look closely at the hitch. To me, it looks like they put the tongue on the end of a tow hook, but I realise that can't really be what we're seeing.

Maybe it's safe, maybe I'm more cautious?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Seen on another forum or maybe this one

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
Where are the trailer police when you so desperately need them!:nunu::mocking:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Aside from the tractor barely fitting on the trailer, and not having any obvious loader locks... Look closely at the hitch. To me, it looks like they put the tongue on the end of a tow hook, but I realise that can't really be what we're seeing.
European tow hitches resemble a dude with Peyronie's disease. Look it up if you don't know what it is - NSFW warning. Also, I see no safety chains or trailer wiring for that matter.

I am 100% sure the tow hitch is not rated for that load.

Al

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
European tow hitches resemble a dude with Peyronie's disease. Look it up if you don't know what it is - NSFW warning. Also, I see no safety chains or trailer wiring for that matter.

Al
But I bet if they dropped the loader arms onto the flatbed of the tow vehicle and used down pressure they could relieve some of that tongue weight to bring it back into spec!! :lolol:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
WHY? Just WHY?:dunno:

Al
WHY? Just WHY?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Glad nobody here snapped a picture of me bringing my 2025R TLB home on my 6.5x12 trailer...geez.

I guess really, Im not 'THAT GUY', because my load was secured, and I had proper tongue weight, but the trailer was right at its load limit, and I was a whopping 10 miles from the dealer, with a max loaded speed of 30mph.
I dont plan to haul it like that on this trailer, loader only if at all.
I need to find a nice 14' tandem, and I think that would be perfect. Not too long, not too short. Then again, a 16' would give me room for an attachment on the front in addition to the tractor....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts