Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Have to agree with FG, "that stinks"!

That's why I don't like that type of jack, although maybe not quite as strong, the swing up side mounted jacks are easier to replace if needed.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The general rule about things like that, if you borrow something once, ok. If you ask to borrow the 2nd time, you need to go buy that item.
That rule always seems to "head them off at the pass". :laugh:
Unfortunately for me, the first time was the worst time.

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
bent product

Bubber ; was family that borrowed it? or just a good friend, did they offer to replace bent item for u! My double axle tl. came home from a borrowed trip with only 3 wheel's :cry: I felt like it. but in the end he replaced all that was wrong :yahoo: so I hope u the best. Big Jim

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
That does stink ! I loaned my 6x12 3500# axle to a good friend that should know better. He loaded it with at least 5000 lbs of rock. Bent the axle and ruined the tires. Since they were rubbing on the fenders. Brought it back and never mentioned it. I did a couple months later or next time I used it. It didn't dawn on me for awhile on what had happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,495 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bubber ; was family that borrowed it? or just a good friend, did they offer to replace bent item for u! My double axle tl. came home from a borrowed trip with only 3 wheel's :cry: I felt like it. but in the end he replaced all that was wrong :yahoo: so I hope u the best. Big Jim
Friend. Same guy that called me and told me that I don't take him deer hunting enough.

I need new friends.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Maybe I'm a jerk, but I really don't loan things to friends, family, or acquaintances. My theory is if a person doesn't have enough cause to own an item, they probably don't know how to operate one properly.

I can count on one hand the number of people I would even consider, for a split second, loaning my trailer/ chainsaw/ lawnmower/ etc to. I still probably wouldn't loan it to them, because I consider those few people so close to me that if they were working on a project requiring something I have, then I would want to help my buddy with the project anyway- so I just go help and take whatever thing it is they need with me. :good2:

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
Maybe I'm a jerk, but I really don't loan things to friends, family, or acquaintances. My theory is if a person doesn't have enough cause to own an item, they probably don't know how to operate one properly.

I can count on one hand the number of people I would even consider, for a split second, loaning my trailer/ chainsaw/ lawnmower/ etc to. I still probably wouldn't loan it to them, because I consider those few people so close to me that if they were working on a project requiring something I have, then I would want to help my buddy with the project anyway- so I just go help and take whatever thing it is they need with me. :good2:
You are a jerk.:tongue:

But that being said, I'm the same way. I'd rather help and use my equipment than loan it out. My list of people who I'd trust with my (expensive) stuff is very short.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts

Well your not a jerk. Or I'm one as well. I don't loan my tools or trailer out. No way I'd loan the tractor out. One time was enough for me if you know what I mean. Had a friend want to borrow my trailer one time. I told him no but he insisted. So I did a walk around of the trailer with him and took video of the trailer at the same time. I pointed out scratches that were there and measured the tread on the tires. He decided renting a trailer was less risk. I pay good money for my stuff and take care of it. Most people I know don't. I know people that have no idea what car wax is actually for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
Well Bubber, at least it's an easy fix. :thumbup1gif: It could've been much worse.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nope, neither one of you are "jerks".
The real problem is that "common sense" is no longer prevalent in this "new-age society".
Video gaming industries and liberal Govt. programs have stymied the thought process of too many young adults. :thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
I'm the same way, I think I've loaned my 16' trailer out once & he would have fixed it if it was damaged. Loaned my generator out once to keep a guy's freezer going, had him service it before he brought it home. It needed the use anyway & was due for an oil change!

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
I'm the same way, I think I've loaned my 16' trailer out once & he would have fixed it if it was damaged. Loaned my generator out once to keep a guy's freezer going, had him service it before he brought it home. It needed the use anyway & was due for an oil change!
That's the kind of stuff I do *if* I need to borrow something. Bring it back in at least the same condition, but almost always better. Your friends stay friends that way.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts