Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGG! I've tried for two hours to download Adobe Flash Player. The old version wouldn't work and I can't get the new version to download. I've uninstalled the older version and deleted all of the crap from my download file. I can get started, but the download manager from Adobe won't work, and the version in my download file won't work either. I'm about at my wit's end.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't use their download manager. Try this link https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=KLXMF But be sure to uncheck the box where they want you to install their "optional" offer. This has always worked for me.

Dave
Thanks. That's the link I've been using. I can get to the download, but can't open it either from their window or from my download file. It's like there's nothing in the download.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Thanks. That's the link I've been using. I can get to the download, but can't open it either from their window or from my download file. It's like there's nothing in the download.
What is your operating system??? Are you 64bit??? I will download it and pm you.

Thanks
Davev

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Also, what browser are you using??

Dave

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
I don't use their download manager. Try this link https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=KLXMF But be sure to uncheck the box where they want you to install their "optional" offer. This has always worked for me.

Dave
Used the website last evening, when without any problems. My guess and only a guess is Windows xp OP system.

That or Adobe won't allow new version on a unsupported OP system, at least that was the last word I heard of xp not being supported any more.:dunno:

:munch:

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got the update downloaded. Firefox allowed you to bypass the blocked flash player when you clicked on the youtube video, but with the caution that your version was out-of-date and vulnerable. The first couple of times I didn't notice that they had an update option. I clicked on it, and it worked! You still have to authorize the use of the flashplayer, but I think I'm good for now! Thanks everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts