Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just got done completely setting up my mower deck. I noticed the draft arm bar didn't want to sit quite right, but thought maybe that's just how it was. Went and mowed a few passes and stopped to check everything out and noticed the bar popped out of the hook. Now I am thinking my hooks are installed incorrectly. Can anyone confirm this??
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399420014.243661.jpg

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looking at your photo it looks the same as my 1023E. The adjustment should have about 1/32" gap to the back of the hooks on the tractor. That allows the rear mower latches to lock. I had to readjust mine so they would lock when installing the deck.

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts
Yup. You have a problem.... The frame hooks are backwards. They should be installed with the bend towards the inside. Easy fix.:good2:

IMG_1786.JPG

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yup. You have a problem.... The frame hooks are backwards. They should be installed with the bend towards the inside. Easy fix.:good2:

View attachment 27899
I didn't notice that in the photo, but once mentioned it is detectable if one looks close. The gap I mentioned can be less than 1/32" but not zero. Those latches will not go in if the front is too tight.

I had to put a piece of 1/2" plywood under the back of the mower deck to have the lift mechanism align with the rear deck latches. Then everything slid right in. The advertisements make it look so easy.

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts
I didn't notice that in the photo, but once mentioned it is detectable if one looks close. The gap I mentioned can be less than 1/32" but not zero. Those latches will not go in if the front is too tight.

I had to put a piece of 1/2" plywood under the back of the mower deck to have the lift mechanism align with the rear deck latches. Then everything slid right in. The advertisements make it look so easy.
You're absolutely right. In a perfect world there should be a gap at the back of the hook when installing the deck and it's resting on the the ground and latched to the rear hooks. If yours isn't latching correctly, you should probably revisit the 1 series mower setup and adjustment thread. I think it's good to do a check and realignment when you do regular maintenance anyway. But that's just me. :lol: I can get carried away sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts