Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the draft links, but they are canted outwards a lot. I was able to hook up my heavy hitch weight bracket last year because the eyeballs had enough movement. But I now want to install some Pat’s quick hooks and the way the draft arms are canted, they won’t work right. I the arms on the wrong way?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Pictures will help as well as what model tractor.

·
Premium Member
15,961 Posts
I just installed the draft links, but they are canted outwards a lot. I was able to hook up my heavy hitch weight bracket last year because the eyeballs had enough movement. But I now want to install some Pat’s quick hooks and the way the draft arms are canted, they won’t work right. I the arms on the wrong way?
That appears to be a common problem, it is one of the disadvantages of the Pat's system. My brother installed a pair on his Kioti and has the exact same problem.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody with a photo of what their draft arms look like when mounted on their 1025? At least I can compare with mine.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,978 Posts
The welds for the swivel balls are only on one side of the lower arms and should be on the inside - i.e. facing towards the center of the tractor.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I thought I measured/examined them once and the distances to the holes were the same regardless of which they were put on, ala symmetrical. If that is indeed the case, I am not sure there is a "wrong" way or at least a way that would make much difference.

As always, I could be incorrect on that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The welds for the swivel balls are only on one side of the lower arms and should be on the inside - i.e. facing towards the center of the tractor. View attachment 781527
OK, so I raised the 3 point until it was the same height as in your photo, and blow me down, it looks just like yours. The draft arms are no longer canted outwards. They must arc over the full travel from outward to neutral to inward cant. When I installed mine the 3 point control was at full down. So, I should be good to mount the Pat’s quick hitch units. BTW, the swivel retainers are all on the inside, as you mentioned. If I were to swap the arms left to right, the welded retainers would be on the outside.

Thanks very much to this forum. Saved me the time I almost spent on doing a swap!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Pretty sure Pat's specifies how to mount their units on the arms, so they end up in a certain position.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
The welds for the swivel balls are only on one side of the lower arms and should be on the inside - i.e. facing towards the center of the tractor.

You may want to tighten this nut up it looks loose.

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Reactions: Big

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
I was gonna say...how do you otherwise keep your tractor so clean? ;-)
It's always filthy... I wish I had the time to clean it. Those 3pt arms had been happily sitting in a box in the basement for 3.5 years. 😁

1 - 13 of 13 Posts