Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I can't seem to find where to buy the draw bar that mounts off the bottom hitch plate below the 3 point. Some call them a hammer strap. I made one out of an aluminum strip I had so I could spray weed killer but I'd like a heavier duty one to use with the trailers and roller.
i need it to be close to 16" long to allow my tow behind equipment to clear the 3 point arms. Anyone bought one of these or know where I can get one. Worst case I can purchase the steel and make it myself.

image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
Tractor Supply, Rural King, Agri-Supply... Any tractor dealer should be able to find you one. They aren't (usually!) unique by machine.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tractor Supply, Rural King, Agri-Supply... Any tractor dealer should be able to find you one. They aren't (usually!) unique by machine.
The only ones I've been able to find are 30"+ long. That is far too long for my tractor. I've seen pics of 1 series tractors with short ones but can't find where they got them at. I haven't talked to my dealer yet but was going to call tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
13,005 Posts
The 1025R doesn't use a drawbar. It just has a hitch plate similar to a garden tractor. Any type of extension would have to be a home brew project.

One alternative is to get a generic Cat1 drawbar and attach it to your 3PH. That would put your towed implement well behind the back of the tractor.

I have a 2720 and even though it has a drawbar like you describe, it is too short to properly attach any type of trailer and still be able to turn. I went with a Cat1 drawbar attached to the 3PH.

drawbar.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 1025R doesn't use a drawbar. It just has a hitch plate similar to a garden tractor. Any type of extension would have to be a home brew project.

One alternative is to get a generic Cat1 drawbar and attach it to your 3PH. That would put your towed implement well behind the back of the tractor.

I have a 2720 and even though it has a drawbar like you describe, it is too short to properly attach any type of trailer and still be able to turn. I went with a Cat1 drawbar attached to the 3PH.

View attachment 181938
Ok that makes sense with everything I've found so far. I will have to make something then.

·
Administrator
18,466 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
12,212 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts

I bought this, and put my Deere rack on it with sprayer strapped on to the rack.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I bought this, and put my Deere rack on it with sprayer strapped on to the rack.
Yea I have an Omni hitch with a standard draw bar I use right now to hook it up. I just want something simpler so I don't have to put the Omni on just to hook the little garden trailer or spreader/sprayer up. The aluminum one I made is perfect bc it doesn't stick out too far when mowing but it gives me enough clearance to get the equipment away from the 3-point arms. I am going to get some steel and make one. I guess I just thought these would be more common with all the cuts and scuts out there.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
If you are okay with the Heavy Hitch 2" receiver that replaces the plate below the rear PTO, type "2 inch receiver extension" into the search engine on Amazon.com. They have various lengths up to 18 inches.

·
GTT Vendor
12 Posts
It slips over the factory "hitch" plate then the pin goes through the square tube of the hitch, through the factory plate below the PTO, and then through the heavy bottom plate of the hitch. Install the lynch pin to ensure the pin doesn't come out and its ready to use. Very strong once installed but can still be removed in only a few seconds. Here is a link to the same type hitch installed on a different tractor on our website, due to the picture posting issues I can't put one here in the thread but the 1 series version goes on exactly the same.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts