Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older 2030 that I like quite a bit. I also have a 5065e model that I use for bushhogging and spraying. The 2030 has a drawbar that drops about 2", whereas the 5065e drawbar just comes out straight from the frame.

Is there a drawbar with a drop that I could use on the 5065e? That would make implement swaps from one tractor to the other much easier. When I ask my dealer, they act a bit clueless.

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
Dropped drawbars were required when larger rear tires were an option. Does your 2030 have 38" tires? Mine has 28" tires and a straight drawbar.
You might see if the 2030 draw bar will swap in.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Drop down kit

Depending on the implement hitch you may be able to use a drop down kit which basically bolts onto your existing drawbar. They look something like this: R88665 Tractor Drawbar Hammer Strap fits John Deere (I didn't check model numbers to see if it fits your tractor.)

If the implement has a heavy tongue weight, you will want to make sure the fasteners are adequate for the task when bolting to the bottom of your existing drawbar. You may also need longer hitch pins.

I suspect that if you look around the net, there's a replacement or used drawbar with the needed drop but if not, a kit is probably available somewhere.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
TxJim, can you find the specs for drawbar P/N: SU296712.
That was the P/N I found for 5065e, but I could not find any specs :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I couldn't locate specs for SU296712 either BUT SU23130 can be found in PC13110 for 1 model of 5065E :flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
Then it should simple for him to see if the 2030 drawbar fits. You found it's P/N, so he can buy a second one if it works and he wants 2. :good2:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I agree just put 2030 on 5065E for a test then as I stated will probably require drilling a hole for proper 540 rpm pto DB length which is 14'' from end of pto to center of attaching hole in DB.

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
Since I have no "pull" PTO attachments, I did not think of setting drawbar to PTO shaft distance, good point :bigthumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts