Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 3 Oz Pkg Orange Jello
1 3 Oz Pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 10 Oz Tub Frozen Whipped Topping
1 8 Oz Can Mandarin Oranges - Drained

Dissolve Jello in 1 cup boiling water
Add 1/2 cup cold water, let set in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
With mixer or whisk, add dry vanilla pudding mix and beat until smooth. Fold in oranges and whipped topping by hand.

Refrigerate. Makes 4 cups.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Sounds cool and yummy for the warmer days that have arrived!! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's really good.
My daughter makes it. We ate it with angel food cake and that seemed like a pretty good combination.

·
8,558 Posts
It's really good.
My daughter makes it. We ate it with angel food cake and that seemed like a pretty good combination.

Has your daughter ever tried it with fresh oranges? Hard to find canned mandarin oranges that are not from China, sometimes. And the Texas valley (South Texas) produces awesome fresh oranges and grapefruit, and I'd love to use a fresh orange, when in they're in season.

I'd love any other variations on this, she might have, such as Strawberry Jello and fresh strawberries, etc.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!! Next trip to the store, I'll have to grab the ingredients!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has your daughter ever tried it with fresh oranges?

I'd love any other variations on this, she might have, such as Strawberry Jello and fresh strawberries, etc.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!! Next trip to the store, I'll have to grab the ingredients!
Nope, just the Mandarin oranges and to be honest, she made it once but was such a big hit with the family I thought I needed to share it. The original recipe called for all diet ingredients but she's against the artificial sweeteners for her two kids so we used the standard ingredients I listed.

I'm guessing other variations you mentioned would be great too. I like the strawberry idea but my personal favorite is cherries so I might try to talk her into that variation.

·
8,558 Posts
I like cherries too! Let us know if she tries it, and how it turns out!

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts