1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Did he hit the van? It looked like he stopped before hitting it unless his FEL came down on the roof. He needs more ballast.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
It had to be a New Holland...:banghead::laugh:

Lots going wrong there, obviously he was traveling with the loader in the air and no rear ballast. I mean, there's also the fact that he was so drunk a bar refused to serve him and called the cops on him when he tried to drive away, but did anyone else notice that due to the way it stopped that tractor must have front wheel braking? :lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
It had to be a New Holland...:banghead::laugh:

Lots going wrong there, obviously he was traveling with the loader in the air and no rear ballast. I mean, there's also the fact that he was so drunk a bar refused to serve him and called the cops on him when he tried to drive away, but did anyone else notice that due to the way it stopped that tractor must have front wheel braking? :lol::lol:
Maybe he just had it in 4wd. That is why JD tells you to operate the tractor in 4wd when the FEL is in use. In the event you unload the rear tires too much you still have braking action on the front wheels. Not saying this machine does or doesn't have front wheel braking, just that it may be normal braking through the transmission if in 4wd.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Maybe he just had it in 4wd. That is why JD tells you to operate the tractor in 4wd when the FEL is in use. In the event you unload the rear tires too much you still have braking action on the front wheels. Not saying this machine does or doesn't have front wheel braking, just that it may be normal braking through the transmission if in 4wd.

Good point.

He shouldn't be in 4wd on hard pavement. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
913 Posts
The police tractor didn't pull him over in time?

policetractor.jpg

It must have been responding to another call.

policetractor2.jpg

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Good point.

He shouldn't be in 4wd on hard pavement. :lol::lol:
Although technically with the FEL up he was using it... :laugh:

I want to say several people here have pointed out that their JD manuals make no mention to the surface conditions when they say to engage the MFWD while using the FEL. I have mentioned that it is likely lawyer speak for we don't know that you have enough ballast for your load and it is better to have braking action in the event you screw up and unload your rear tires. I do agree that I don't use MFWD on pavement unless said pavement is covered in snow and ice. I also use ballast. It is possible the NH manuals state something very much like the JD manuals.

·
Premium Member
7,702 Posts
Did he hit the van? It looked like he stopped before hitting it unless his FEL came down on the roof. He needs more ballast.
I could not tell either. It's possible European tractors are required to have all wheel brakes :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts