Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anybody could tell me why when I depress the brake all the way it shreds the drive belt????

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,984 Posts
What year and model tractor? Any implements (if applicable)? Any changes recently/close proximity to when this started?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year and model tractor? Any implements (if applicable)? Any changes recently/close proximity to when this started?
It is a 2012 Husqvarna GTH 220.I think it all started after replacing the drive belt...which now keeps breaking or shredding....this has all started recently after replacing the belt....could it possibly be because of using the wrong size belt??? Or it not being installed properly???? I am asking for a friend who doesn't have internet...any ideas are greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Sounds like an incorrect installation. Refer to the manual for correct installation procedure. If you do not have the manual, do a search on the internet. You should be able to get an electronic version (PDF) of the manual.

Reactions: Guppygirl13

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,369 Posts
I've seen the "L" shaped belt keep on/over and idler pulley dig in if the break pedal is pushed to far, especially when the belt keeper is flat stock. Sort of like the keeper is the brake because the actual brakes are wore out.

Reactions: Guppygirl13
1 - 5 of 5 Posts