Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear I read on one of these threads about people taking their drive over deck on/off with out taking their loader off. Well I tried it today and found out the loader catches on the gear box of the MMM in my 1025r.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
You see it done on Youtube and I have just done it but I've never seen it done with a AutoConnect. On your photos, that AutoConnect unit sticks up there a good bit higher then any other part of the deck. I don't have the AutoConnect and I'm just guessing that might be your issue.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Might be able ramp it up a few inches on the deck ramps with a couple of 2x6's or something just to clear the gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
I didn't even have the new loader stand with v in it and had this issue. They put the new one on, like you had, and said it works but still bumps it. Is there enough play on the loader stand to hold it up a bit while driving on?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be able ramp it up a few inches on the deck ramps with a couple of 2x6's or something just to clear the gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think there is really any play, plus I'm not sure how I would hold it up.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
You see it done on Youtube and I have just done it but I've never seen it done with a AutoConnect. On your photos, that AutoConnect unit sticks up there a good bit higher then any other part of the deck. I don't have the AutoConnect and I'm just guessing that might be your issue.
The Auto-Connect has no impact on the gearbox height. It's the same regardless if you have A/C. The A/C consists of a gearbox stub shaft adapter and the driveshaft mechanism/bearing assembly on the lift arms on the tractor. :good2:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Is this only a problem with the 54mmm but also with the 60mmm. I have done this in past with the 60mmm without a problem. Was I just lucky?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not sure what is happening on yours. I have a 1025 with a 54" MMM A/C. I've only had the loader frame off a couple times, I drop the bucket leaving the loader frame on, drive over the MMM A/C connect and mow , when I get done mowing I remove the MMM A/C and have not had any issues with it hitting the loader frame. I have the same V front frame as you showin your pics. Don't know what to say to help.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I swear I read on one of these threads about people taking their drive over deck on/off with out taking their loader off. Well I tried it today and found out the loader catches on the gear box of the MMM in my 1025r.

I have the 54 inch MMM auto connect deck and H120 loader and have not had any problems. I take the loader and/or mower off/on regularly, sometimes more than once in a day. I have the old style loader stand, but would think it would be more likely to hit the MMM gearbox. It does not have the "V" in it. Are you pulling the pins on the gauge wheels and letting the deck sit on the ground???? That is required.

Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this only a problem with the 54mmm but also with the 60mmm. I have done this in past with the 60mmm without a problem. Was I just lucky?
I have the H120 and the 60MMM with autoconnect and connect/disconnect the mower all the time with the H120 on with no problems. Have probably done it a dozen times. Only time I had a problem was one time I went to take the mower off and forgot to lift the bucket high enough to clear.:unknown:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
And just to check you have the scalp wheels free?
Might be the grass causing your issue. Do you have a patch of driveway or floor you can do it on?
You may have a point. It may sink in more on the soft grass and change the angle.

Yes the wheels are free. If they weren't it would probably have a better geometry

·
Registered
45 Posts
My loader stand dinged my gearbox last month -- my front tires had dropped down to 18/16psi
(it was one of the first really cold mornings here in NY). Topped them off & all good again.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the 54d without auto connect. When the dealer delivered the tractor. He demonstrated how to take off and install the mmm with the FEL on. It must be the auto connect height.

Phil

·
Registered
338 Posts
Two other thoughts. Tire pressure check and if the ground is wet and the tractor is sinking in a bit.

·
Registered
732 Posts
You may have a point. It may sink in more on the soft grass and change the angle.

Yes the wheels are free. If they weren't it would probably have a better geometry
Another thought, you were removing the mower and so unless you have independant lift, had no ballast on the rear? causing the front to now "weigh" more especially on the grass.

I have the 54d with auto connect. With the old stand I would just rub the vent on the gear box, with the new V style I just clear, and that is on concrete.

:thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts