Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. When I bought my 1025, the dealer told me not to drive over my 54D deck when I have the FEL on. Even though removing the H120 it quite easy, I wanted to get thoughts on if i would be risking damage to my mower deck if I left the H120 mounted and just removed the bucket when I need to take the 54D on and off.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
I follow the operators manual. The manual says to take it off, I take mine off. It takes no more time to take the entire FEL off than to just take the bucket off so I would take it off.
It isn't just the mmm that will see more stress if you leave the FEL on. The front tires will also so more. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
15,050 Posts
IMO with the ease of removing the deck , why would anyone want to leave the mower on when using the FEL. Yes there are times just need to pickup grass or some branches or just to carry something . But if your planning on doing serious work with FEL take the mower off takes what 2 mins at the most.
Save yourself $$$$ on repairs of your mower deck, take it off.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The FEL stands do not hit the mower deck gearbox but the stand could catch on the front hangar which is how I suspect I bent mine (I can't recall if I had the FEL on when I removed it.) I have the front quick attach brackets for a snow blower and that will hit the gearbox on the mower deck if I am a little to the right when coming off of the deck.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I take off and install my 60" autoconnect deck all the time with the FEL on. Sometimes with and sometimes without the bucket with no problems. I remember a JD promo video comparing the 1025 to a Kubota showing them doing that promoting the ease of attaching and removing the deck. One of the reasons I went Green.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
The FEL stands do not hit the mower deck gearbox but the stand could catch on the front hangar which is how I suspect I bent mine (I can't recall if I had the FEL on when I removed it.) I have the front quick attach brackets for a snow blower and that will hit the gearbox on the mower deck if I am a little to the right when coming off of the deck.
Are you talking about the front weight bracket catching the FEL stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
I remember seeing a youtube video of somebody putting the MMM on with the FEL in place. It seemed to work just fine. But I would not do it because the manual says "NO". The FEL is a lot of extra weight. It may work, but it may stressing some parts and lead to premature failure.

Reactions: Ray_PA and bob

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have the 60D deck and don't think twice about installing it with the loader on. But the 54 is a lighter construction. I am sure it can handle it, but very slow would be important. Bouncing around on it with the loader may be an issue. And also consider you most likely will not have any ballast on the back (if you have the mechanical lift) so the front end will be much heavier with the FEL on.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't worry about it, I've driven over it many times with the FEL on, I have the 54 mmm. I just make sure the bucket is high enough to clear the gear box on the mmm.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey guys. When I bought my 1025, the dealer told me not to drive over my 54D deck when I have the FEL on. Even though removing the H120 it quite easy, I wanted to get thoughts on if i would be risking damage to my mower deck if I left the H120 mounted and just removed the bucket when I need to take the 54D on and off.
I was having problems with my 54" MMM and getting it to line up with the PTO. So I took off the loader and the tiller and have no problems anymore. I don't mind taking the FEL off but the tiller is a PITA. I need it for extra ballast when using the FEL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts