Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,271 Posts
According to the latest 3033R Operator's Manual, there are no grease fittings on either drive shaft. I also checked JD Parts and for the Power Reverser both the main driveshaft and MFWD driveshaft just use couplers and do not have any U-joints (see below).

I'm not sure what the service manager was talking about. There are grease fittings on the front axle trunnion.

·
Premium Member
17,271 Posts
Thanks from me as well, I have a new to me 05, 3720 560hrs. I spent a couple hrs going over it and greasing every thing. Spent quite a bit of time looking for fittings on drive shaft. Concluded they didn't exist. As I only saw coupling in your pic. Never did find them on trunion either?? Could you point us to them jgayman?
According to the Operator's Manual the 3720 doesn't have grease fittings on the trunnion. In fact, it doesn't even mention a trunnion. JD Parts doesn't show anything either.

I could be wrong but I have a feeling the 3720 front axle pivot gets its lubrication from the axle gear oil. The 3033R parts illustration clearly shows zerk fittings on the trunnion.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first time grease zerks were omitted from an Operator's Manual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.