Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know I have been having a problem with my snowblower. The way I read the warranty the driveshaft may not be covered.I took delivery of a 1023e July 30/13. And the spline on the short snowblower driveshaft shows some wear after not much more then 20hrs use.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
As I've read the warranty, it's a flat 1 year on attachments. Which means even if you bought the blower at a discount in the Spring, you lose on warranty hours all Summer if it dumps in a calendar year. See what your dealer is willing to do if you find it is that shaft/universals that's faulty. Warranty is up, the rest is on the dealer's "good will".

I never used my 54D the entire first warranty year, BH/FEL were on all that time. The deck is on me regardless of dealer discount and I only have about 4 months on the tractor left... Sometimes coming or going, they get ya!:nunu:

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
When i just picked up my snowblower my salesman did tell me it had a one year warranty starting that day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all,I will have to see what the dealer will do.I did report the problem 6mo into the warranty and was told some noise is normal. I talked to a tester in calumet mi.they blow all winter long and he told me he experienced the same chatter (noise) on some.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Thanks to all,I will have to see what the dealer will do.I did report the problem 6mo into the warranty and was told some noise is normal. I talked to a tester in calumet mi.they blow all winter long and he told me he experienced the same chatter (noise) on some.[/QUOTE]

"ON SOME"? Aren't they all supposed to be made from all the same parts which would interchange between any others of the same models? Sounds like a bit too wide latitude over in in Quality Control.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like they did have a problem on some. John Deere 1025r TLB mentioned in his post they had a new blower driveshaft that came out in January of 2014 that will correct the problem. I will be looking at the new tractors to check it out. It was making a grinding chatter in the ground level position where the spline was out.In the higher raised position the spline was in deeperby 2"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts