Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I have fought the narrow spots on my driveway for the last time,,

I hired a guy to reshape, and modernize the driveway.

We will see how it goes,,, :dunno:

I hung this rock dozens of times,, it is gone now,,,

That rock is about 10 feet long,,

It should make a nice driveway entrance decoration,, :good2:

I ordered five culverts, that will hopefully take care of the water runoff,,, :unknown:
More to come, as he progresses,,,

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping not to loose any existing road base, because I have shale topped with 4+ inches of mill run (sort of like crusher run).

But Chris convinced me that I had one spot that needed to be raised about a foot to resolve the water issue there,,,

Chris runs the excavator, and he brings his 70+ YO dad to run the CAT D3.
The D3 looks tiny next to the excavator, but, dad can really grade nice with that machine.
That spot will take a lot of :gizmo: in gravel to "patch"

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
:bigthumb: looking good there CadPlans. gonna be nice and wide when its done-huh!!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:bigthumb: looking good there CadPlans. gonna be nice and wide when its done-huh!!
I was trying to explain what I wanted,, and Chris said "You want to eliminate the need for a weed-eater",,,
I said RIGHT!! We both laughed, and Chris then said he owns an excavator, he does not need a weed-eater!! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are about 8 hours into the project,, LOTS of dirt has moved,
The entire length of the driveway was a mowing nightmare, the edge of the field could not be mowed, because of the risk of rolling the tractor over.
I could mow it with my offset JD 390 flail, but, that was not always hooked up,,,

Progress,,

I guess I ought to hook up my landplane,, and try it out on this field?? :dunno:

Maybe when it cools off a little,,, :laugh:

I think I will

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/off-topic/171610-show-us-your-best-procrastination.html

:lolol:

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Are you aiming to have it two cars in width so coming/going vehicles don't have to pull over to allow one to pass? Or are you primarily trying to reduce the embankment to reduce rollover and reduce the stagnant water in the low spots after a serious rain?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you aiming to have it two cars in width so coming/going vehicles don't have to pull over to allow one to pass? Or are you primarily trying to reduce the embankment to reduce rollover and reduce the stagnant water in the low spots after a serious rain?
I am just getting rid of the embankment,,
I could not mow, drive over, or anything else with the previous field edge,,

Now the rain will be able to get away from the driveway,,,

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
Before and after pics would help us understand what exactly you've had done. The new pics make the grade look great. They've definitely done a nice job. :good2:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before and after pics would help us understand what exactly you've had done. The new pics make the grade look great. They've definitely done a nice job. :good2:
Here are some before pics,,

This is (was) about a 2 foot drop,,,

Close to 200 trucks went up and down the driveway this spring,, that really displaced a LOT of driveway material,,

That is why I kinda had this driveway repair factored into the price I asked for the lumber,,

Even the skidder with the big chains went up and down the driveway a few times,,,

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Doggone! You gotta warn a guy before you go posting a picture with an odd color tractor! :laugh:
That red thing hurt my eyes! :lol:

Thats a lot of work youve got going on!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doggone! You gotta warn a guy before you go posting a picture with an odd color tractor! :laugh:

That red thing hurt my eyes! :lol:

Thats a lot of work youve got going on!
At least it wasn't this pic without warning,,,

·
Premium Member
423 Posts

I gotta say that's a impressive front end/ diff on that red thing.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Awesome look

Red color or not, that's an awesome looking tractor.

Treefarmer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts