Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought a few here might get a kick out this display at the local Duluth Trading Company retail store in Ankeny, IA.

It's really not that odd they choose a JD given Iowa's heritage connection to the Deere line and that the John Deere works in Ankeny (called Des Moines Works) is one of it no the largest employer in the Ankeny area. They primarily produce the large agriculture sprayers and get this -- cotton pickers even though the only cotton grown in Iowa is for research. One half the year is dedicated to the production of each machine. The original facility is an old re-purposed ordnance plant.

According to Duluth's web page: "Step inside and you experience the thrill of an old-time tractor exhibit featuring our one-of-a-kind "Exploded Tractor". This antique display deconstructs the tractor to show each piece in a 3D display that's like nothing you've ever seen. Plus loads of agricultural memorabilia from days gone by. When we say "a store like no other", we mean it!" Here it is:

IMG_2157.png IMG_2158.png

An identical "intact" M near the front window with a two bottom mounted plow. It's interesting they provide steps up to encourage riders of all ages!
IMG_2159.png

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much snow up there now?[just mud down here]
Not too much, we had maybe 2-3 inches over the past week, 20 miles north maybe 5-6. Just enough to get the SB1154 out to make some piles for my daughter, um...I mean dispose of the drifts... :lol:

·
Registered
12,324 Posts
56nine; that's nice of u to show us that. great store, I have bought from them a few things over the yrs. seem to be decent and good wearing stuff. I especially like their commercials they show. thanks, big jim

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
56nine; that's nice of u to show us that. great store, I have bought from them a few things over the yrs. seem to be decent and good wearing stuff. I especially like their commercials they show. thanks, big jim
No problem Big Jim 55, their clothes are expensive, but wear like iron with usually a great fit for me. And I agree their commercials are very creative, not to mention their product names.

Get this -- while in the store I asked a floor guy about their t-shirts (long tail T), not that I have THAT problem, I like they stayed tucked in. The shirts in question was purchased last spring, (washed and worn many times over the summer) and felt they didn't fit right (too large and sloppy) . I inquired with him if they changed their fit, as previous version fit better. He didn't know but didn't care!!! :dunno:

The difference was he said "bring them back and we'll exchange for a different size OR we'll refund your money" Are YOU KIDDING ME??? I'm not aware of another company that would back this up. Check out their No Bull Guarantee.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
If you get on the Duluth trading mailing list, they will send you flash sale deals and different good sales all the time. I wear the Fire Hose Flex pants and really like them! My last pair I got for $49 shipped to my door. I was Wrangler wearing carpenter pants at $30/each and blowing them out in 9 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts