Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okey dokey now. Finally had a chance to try out the new backhoe for the first time...bought it about a month ago. Pulled the 1025R out of the garage...and took a short trip into the wood behind the abode to experiment digging a hole. I dismount the tractor, go to put the ROPS up, and oooops...this is what I'm confronted with...see pic...:think:. Don't see anywhere in the operator's manual that says don't put the ROPS all the way down when attaching the 260...:unknown:

Let's see a raise of hands...anybody else learn this the hard way??? Or, am I the only dumb knob...:lol:

BTW...I have a lot of practice to become proficient at backhoe operations. FEL was much quicker learning curve.

Regards,
Mike...The Griz

Attachments

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I do not have a backhoe, that my ROPS got removed for basically the same reason. My ROPS was folded completely down when I reversed the lights on the ROPS to the inside after breaking one of them off. Then I could not get my 3pt top link free as the ROPS would not fold ahead enough to let me free it. The lights extended far enough rearwards that it interfered with the ROPS being able to move forward far enough to free the top link. So, I just beat the pins out of their slots and took it off. It is still in the shed. Still am thinking about having the ROPS cut down to a smaller size.

Dave

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just to be clear I am laughing with you not at you. :lol:

I don't own a backhoe but know there have been times in the past were I have been in the same scratch your head and laugh situation. Of course the laughing is after the cursing. :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,759 Posts
Let's see a raise of hands...anybody else learn this the hard way??? Or, am I the only dumb knob...
:lol::lol:

Not saying a word. Oh what the heck.....
hand_raising.jpg

YUP, on our 2320. Just to be clear, it wasn't my fault.............either time.:banghead: :lol:

Reactions: thegriz

·
Administrator
18,266 Posts
No BH here either, but man that stinks!

Don't see anywhere in the operator's manual that says don't put the ROPS all the way down when attaching the 260...
I bet they told you 40 different times to park the machine safely however:mocking:

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I had a different "revelation", I tried to put the ROPS all the way down with the BH on and quickly determined "Gee that won't work". So I only put the ROPS down half way when I need to, but then I can show you all the bruises on my forehead from doing that. :laugh:

So I try to leave the ROPS up as much as I can, "unluckily" I don't have a shed yet, and my garage is full, so I never have the issue of taking out the door with the ROPS.

In any case, have fun with your BH, it sure beats digging by hand.

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
12,038 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Administrator
20,845 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Gotta admit that's funny now. I'm sure it wasn't at the time and I've not done that ..YET! Hopefully I won't now that you have.
I can tell you though, Its not just you that had issues with first hoe reconnect. I Bent one of those knobs/levers on my first reconnect. Long story ,try to be short.
I disconnected the hoe during fab of forks, just wanted to drop some weight before I pulled into my old wood floor shed. Anyway days later I go to reconnect, hoe sunk in the soft dirt/mud.
First time mind you, and I forgot how to do this.
Finally realize, duh I gotta move the boom up too not just the stabilizers. Well I get it close, back in, need just a bit more height so I reach back from the seat to raise boom.
WHOA !! WT>>>> Where's that thing going!!
I apparently pulled the wrong one to go the wrong way it went back instead of up and the more it moved the faster it went, whole time I either couldn't or was to dumb to get my hand off that lever as the hoe is pulling against my hand as it is extending back rapidly.
Whew! ok ,finally regroup, realign, got it all reconnected and walked around and realized ,"hey that don't look right" ,bent that left lever toward the tractor quite a bit. Cursed and shook my head. Hope I don't do that again. Was able to straighten the lever and all seems ok. Felt rather foolish though.
I will agree the learning curve for the hoe is gonna be much longer. I won't be doing any digging within reach of the house any time soon.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I did it once and had to take the 260 off to get the ROPS back up. Havn't done it since.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,759 Posts
I did it once and had to take the 260 off to get the ROPS back up. Havn't done it since.
Evidently you're smarter than I am. It took me two times.:lol:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'll bet the wife would have only done it once and she let you know that. :tongue:

Reactions: DRobinson

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,759 Posts
I'll bet the wife would have only done it once and she let you know that. :tongue:
That's why it happened to me only twice, she wasn't there the first time but was there for the second go around.:thumbup1gif:
My issue is, I store the BH under an overhang. I need to lower the ROPS to pull in under the overhang then raise the ROPS before the BH goes on. Once the BH is on I need to lower the ROPS so I can pull out. The overhang has enough clearance once the tractor is under it but not enough clearance to pull the tractor in with the ROPS up. Don't ask how many times I have tried to pull out with the ROPS up cause I ain't sayin!

·
Registered
12,038 Posts
It's in the mail. Went out today.
I'll let yoiu know as soon as I receive it. I hope you have the tracking number in case it gets lost.

Reactions: farmgirl19

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,759 Posts
I'll let yoiu know as soon as I receive it. I hope you have the tracking number in case it gets lost.
Trust me, It won't!:lol:

·
Registered
12,038 Posts
Good. I knew that I could count on a man who wears a badge.

·
Administrator
20,845 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts