Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 x304
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are my options for a hitch receiver that will allow me to hook up my Ohio Steel 1000P-SD poly dump cart to my x304 with the BM21679 7 Bushel Material Collection System Hopper frame?

Essentially the receiver area isn't deep enough to fit the 1000P-SD 15 ft3 poly dump cart pin with the Collection frame installed.

Pictures attached.
Hand Saw chain Chainsaw Finger Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2010 x304
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As you can see - I have the factory John Deere M151506 Rear Hitch Plate Frame Cover on together with the collection system frame.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have a Cub Cadet that I added a snowblower weight box to years ago. To use the new attachment hole I extended it a bit with some steel plate bolted in place and a suitable hole drilled in the end. Biggest plus, it moved everything out a bit to make things more flexible. I rounded the connection end for the turns. Two strong mounting points on the tractor side should do it for stability.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Reactions: Deeres

·
Registered
2010 x304
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Cub Cadet that I added a snowblower weight box to years ago. To use the new attachment hole I extended it a bit with some steel plate bolted in place and a suitable hole drilled in the end. Biggest plus, it moved everything out a bit to make things more flexible. I rounded the connection end for the turns. Two strong mounting points on the tractor side should do it for stability.

View attachment 810907
That it simple and perfect!

·
Registered
2010 x304
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I created a hitch receiver extension using a bent Simpson L bracket at no cost to me other than lost time. What I learned was that I need an 8" offset back for the dump cart pin so that there is clearance between lid/cover of the collection system and the dump bin (which can tilt). There are also clearance issues with the collection system bracket. Pictures show all:

Wheel Tire Bicycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Hood Tread Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2010 x304
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also worry about the compression of the bent collection system (horizontal) plate where is meets the horizontal x300 series receiver plate.

·
Registered
2010 x304
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For $32 I bought used hitch receiver and used plate off Amazon (they were returns but had great reviews). I made this hitch adapter system with the following requirements:
* go in-between the MCS bags so that the towing arm is centered in between the collector bags
* the dump cart clears the vertical and horizontal MCS cover (hood) when the dump cart is in motion and when elevated to dump
* minimize cost
* not interrupt the MCS frame and how it interacts with the Deere x304 hitch plate

Here are some pictures of the individual pieces and as installed:

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Green Motor vehicle Automotive design

Bicycle part Musical instrument accessory Font Auto part Fashion accessory

Gesture Font Art Toy Pattern

·
Registered
2010 x304
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new hitch design worked great with the MCS and7 bu bags attached. There was only about 1 mm clearance in full lock so I'll need to adjust the bracket angle out a few mm more. Moved about 15 dump cart loads of leaves from the front of the property to the back woods. Another few events (before Winter) and the x304 will have paid for itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.