Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at getting a dump trailer (Griffin) and one of the options is scissor lift. I guess I don't know what the advantage is to either. Anybody have any experience with either?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I have a 16 foot PJ low profile with the scissor lift. The scissor lift provides more torgue for dumping snd allows you to use a larger and shorter cylinder. I looked at some legends with dual rams and they did not have the power to lift real heavy loads and they were too tall. Its nice to have heavy loads low to the ground.

I assume your looking at a 14k trailer?

Sent from a hunting blind or farm field near you. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have a 16 foot PJ low profile with the scissor lift. The scissor lift provides more torgue for dumping snd allows you to use a larger and shorter cylinder. I looked at some legends with dual rams and they did not have the power to lift real heavy loads and they were too tall. Its nice to have heavy loads low to the ground.

I assume your looking at a 14k trailer?

Sent from a hunting blind or farm field near you. :)

Yeah 7x14 although they do make a 16' that I'm considering also. It would be performing a double duty as a dump trailer for gravel, firewood etc but also as an equipment trailer for my 2210 or ATV so I'm thinking the extra length would be nice if the FEL is on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts