Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a plan in Wood magazine the other month. Told my wife I was going to try to build one for the Grandson, needless to say 2 had to be made.
Mistakes made but over the last month , they are happy with the way they are looking. Last evening youngest one seen his , but he tells me it would look a lot better if it was painted. Told him no way
So here are a few photos of finished trucks about 16" long and 4-5" wide.
Noticed the one photo flash didn't work.

Thanks in advance if I miss someone.

Gene

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Those trucks look good! Nice work!

·
Premium Member
14,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are too nice for the grandkids to play with. :good2:
Hoping there isn't to much playing with them !!

Thanks for the other comments

·
Premium Member
5,807 Posts
Nice work!!! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
They came out great!
I don't know, I think once they get a few nicks and some patina on them over the years, when your grandkids are older the trucks will bring back fond memories.

·
Premium Member
14,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They came out great!
I don't know, I think once they get a few nicks and some patina on them over the years, when your grandkids are older the trucks will bring back fond memories.
Oh I know these two boys , they will play with the trucks . Nothing on them that can't replaced ,repaired or reglued.
Plus like you said they will have fond memories later in life.

·
Premium Member
14,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the likes !

·
Premium Member
14,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! Very cool. That's a great thing to pass along through the generations. :thumbup1gif:
Thanks , My SIL should be getting his parts today or tomorrow from your company . OH , father of the grandsons. He was telling me of this company he found selling JD Parts at discount price.. I will be checking your site.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Your work is quite impressive. Those trucks look terrific.

Have you built any tractors?

·
Premium Member
14,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your work is quite impressive. Those trucks look terrific.

Have you built any tractors?
Never tried any type truck or any other type play toy. Never seen a plan for making one either. The plan for the truck came in a Wood working magazine I had gotten. If it had been a tractor I would have tried making it instead of the truck.
Over the years I've made a barn, a shop and doll house for the grandkids.
Not sure what the next thing I will try, the one grandson likes trains so it may be some type train car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Man I got to say, that's some nice work you've done there. Everyone involved should be very proud of them for years to come. Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed seeing them.

·
Premium Member
14,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts