Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is always a challenge to route my 54" front blower hoses so they stay out of the right front tire. This season I decided to try some of Kenny's Dura-Wrap sleeving. I used some 1 1/4 sleeving to wrap the two chute control hoses together and then used some 2" sleeving to wrap all four hoses together. This makes a nice tight bundle all the way back to the quick connects and keeps things where they need to be with minimum need for tie-wraps.

IMG_1634_hose.jpg IMG_1635_hose.jpg IMG_1636_hose.jpg IMG_1637_hose.jpg

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
jgayman; boy that sure turned out nice. a guy sure can get some fine ideas from here-huh. thanks for the pics. now if I can only quit spending darn:gizmo: where I shouldn't have to be, like a new radiator when I don't thumping need to. man I think about that stupid mistake every day!! good job, jgayman:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
23,536 Posts
Very nice! Not only gives it a nice clean organized installation you can also rest assured if you ever get a hose leak.

Not too many people realize how dangerous a high pressure hydraulic leak can be.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice! Not only gives it a nice clean organized installation you can also rest assured if you ever get a hose leak.

Not too many people realize how dangerous a high pressure hydraulic leak can be.
I agree. A leak will certainly make a bit of a mess inside the sleeving but it beats spraying around.

I forgot to post my other photo. I also put some of the sleeving on the hoses running to my rear blade.

IMG_1638.jpg

·
Registered
23,536 Posts
Spraying around is the least of the worry. Hydraulic oil under pressure will pierce your skin instantly. Looking at the last photo posted even more important being the hoses are right behind you.

Not to get into the whole story now, but I was operating a Case tractor which had hydraulic lines in the cab, and sprung a leak running at full throttle.......

·
Registered
404 Posts
It is always a challenge to route my 54" front blower hoses so they stay out of the right front tire. This season I decided to try some of Kenny's Dura-Wrap sleeving. I used some 1 1/4 sleeving to wrap the two chute control hoses together and then used some 2" sleeving to wrap all four hoses together. This makes a nice tight bundle all the way back to the quick connects and keeps things where they need to be with minimum need for tie-wraps.

View attachment 94785 View attachment 94793 View attachment 94801 View attachment 94809
Man. Talk about anal:bigthumb::bigbeer::mocking:

PS: Just kidding

Reactions: Gizmo2 and rtgt

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man. Talk about anal:bigthumb::bigbeer::mocking:

PS: Just kidding
No doubt! Funny thing is normally I fiddle with the hoses for 30-mins routing, putting on zip-ties, etc. With the Dura-Wrap it took less than 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
No doubt! Funny thing is normally I fiddle with the hoses for 30-mins routing, putting on zip-ties, etc. With the Dura-Wrap it took less than 10 minutes.
I too, route and reroute hoses until I am happy with the result. There is one the 2030's loader that crosses others that I do not like, but it will have to wait for a warmer day to get moved. The loader is currently off the 2030 and with it off, it's hard to tell which hose I wanted to move.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
jgayman,

Looks very nice. I have the blade instead of the blower, but I had lots of issues last year with the hoses hitting the front tire. I bought a short piece of dura-wrap with the same thinking as you. I haven't used it yet since we haven't had enough snow to use the blade, but now that I see yours, I'm afraid I didn't get a long enough piece. I only got 2 feet I think.

Anyway, thanks for the photos!

Tim

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow! That looks really good! I may need to do the same.

Reactions: blue87fj60

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Yeah
I gotta get me some of that too.

Lol
I love how Kenny's cart doesn't erase.
I have stuff in there i added from months ago.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Yeah
I gotta get me some of that too.

Lol
I love how Kenny's cart doesn't erase.
I have stuff in there i added from months ago.
When Kenny wins the Power Ball Lottery he going to fulfill all the unpaid carts at no charge. Spread the joy! :gizmo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts