Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any dutch oven cookers here? I have an old seasoned Lodge 10. I love it. From biscuits to cornbread to beans...whatever it does it. All cooked outdoors. Never a burnt meal. So lets hear what you guys and gals like with the dutch oven.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dump cake when I have coals from the Weber and company over. Soup/chilly on the wood stove in the winter. Always wanted a dutch oven table.

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
I have one that I bought just in case someday I will have to cook squirrel stew just to survive, but have never used it. Am too much into my Big Green Egg, but have visions of learning to cook on the Dutch Oven. Have a small one that I used to heat beans and such on the BGE, but that's it. I know it has a cult-like following, kinda like the Egg.

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts
A dutch oven has been on our radar for some time. We have just started using cast iron and really like it. A BGE is on my radar too, but I have a better chance of actually getting a dutch oven.:gizmo:

Thanks for starting this xcopterdoc:good2:

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
If you have a Dutch oven you need to watch Kent Rollins on you tube. He ifs the Dutch oven chef. i though about getting one but I have too many cooking systems now.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
:ttiwwp:

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
A can of baked beans, a few hard boiled eggs and of course a beer, add wife, put covers over her head and let the symphony begin! Home cookin!:laugh:
This makes me laugh, I have no idea what a Dutch oven is. Your description is the only time I have heard the term used.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
This makes me laugh, I have no idea what a Dutch oven is. Your description is the only time I have heard the term used.
there is more than one definition of a Dutch Oven.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Wow. Still no pics. Just some dirty old men. :lol:

:ttiwwp:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts