Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tired of winter and there's no end in sight.

noosesy2.gif

Time to break out the roof rake in preparation for another 6" tonight.

Post up your HAD ENOUGH pics!

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,500 Posts
No pictures but suppose to get 2"-4" more today. Yeah I've had enough.

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
About six inches here today. I'm done with winter. I'm tired of plowing. I'm tired of shoveling. I'm tired of high electric and LP bills. I'm tired of being cold. And, I'm tired of having a constantly dirty truck.

Aside from all that, I'm good.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
In Ames, IA today it was teens and snowing. Got home to Council Bluffs, IA and it was 51 and the sun had gone down. What a big difference 200 miles makes.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Another 4" today, 7" yesterday, but guess what BIG warm up coming....suppose to be cloudy and in the 40's next week...BIG whoop!

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Tired of winter and there's no end in sight.

View attachment 25327

Time to break out the roof rake in preparation for another 6" tonight.

Post up your HAD ENOUGH pics!
It looks like you have one helluva property there Chris - great woods, awesome retaining walls....

-J.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I've had enough too and we've got it easy in the west compared to you guys in the east. I feel for you for sure.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,500 Posts
Chris, Is/was the middle picture a roof or a bridge?

·
Premium Member
7,712 Posts
I am sick of the cold, snow, cold, shoveling, cold, plowing, and cold too. Did I say COLD? :flag_of_truce:

At least I have a steel roof so no raking for me, its self raking.:greentractorride:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chris, Is/was the middle picture a roof or a bridge?
I like the thought of it being a bridge, but it's actually a giant ramp that accesses the second floor of our barn, which is built into a hillside.

We bought this place because of all lots of great features like this. There are some really great retaining walls that I wouldn't even want to know how much they would cost to build today. And the woods, well, the more woods around me the better.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,500 Posts
So after a high into the upper 40's yesterday, I came home to this. Well at least the roof is snow free, now. Yes, the tractor was inside.:lol:

Roof Snow2_1.jpg Roof Snow1_1.jpg

·
Registered
206 Posts
Boy I hear you about the snow removal, and cold... it's just been miserable.
I spent 12 hours presidents day widening the driveway, as we've had back to back snow for so long that plowing was making the driveway smaller! We were down to 6 feet wide in places!
What a PITA to clear. Oh, and I TRULY envy your folks with hydro trannys now... my leg and knee are KILLING me.

The 4x4 posts you see behind this snow are at 6ft. This was presidents day.

This is where we park guests cars...

This is a 5 foot gate:

No chains mean getting stuck a few times (darnit)... I'm still learning... Later I realized that if I dropped the FEL, and curled it, it'd lift the tractor out enough to get traction.. Live and learn.

Our front door/entrance:

Just to rub salt in the wounds... we got another 4 inches the next morning.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,500 Posts
SHNOOL,
Appears the tractor is handling it ok though.
I ran a gear drive for a long time and I still think (know) it was a better tractor but I ain't sorry I got a hydrostatic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The white stuff is not good distributed around the world this year.
I do commercial snow removal and had only ONE! day with barely two inches of wet snow. Seat time <4h. Money... :unknown:

This picture was taken in December and not only the 3720 has retained its green:
jd3720_rauch_sa360_s.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,500 Posts
I do commercial snow removal and had only ONE! day with barely two inches of wet snow. Seat time <4h. Money... :unknown:

This picture was taken in December and not only the 3720 has retained its green:
View attachment 25433
Did you post this picture just to tease us? I really need to see more pictures of your setup. The front plow looks interesting.

·
Registered
438 Posts

View attachment 25433
It must be our turn this year. Last year over here I should have left the mower deck on considering all the more snow I got.
The problem is, there just isn't enough weather to go around evenly. :laugh:

·
Registered
206 Posts
SHNOOL,
Appears the tractor is handling it ok though.
I ran a gear drive for a long time and I still think (know) it was a better tractor but I ain't sorry I got a hydrostatic.
Tractor handles it very well, operator, NOT SO MUCH. I think a set of rear chains would have gone a long way to making this go faster. Regardless, I went from 6 feet wide of drive to 10 and even 12 in places... room to plow again! Oh and the back blade leveled out the drive nicely when I was done... scraping down to blacktop where I have it. I was impressed. I see NO need to put a blade on the front now.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,500 Posts
Tractor handles it very well, operator, NOT SO MUCH. I think a set of rear chains would have gone a long way to making this go faster. Regardless, I went from 6 feet wide of drive to 10 and even 12 in places... room to plow again! Oh and the back blade leveled out the drive nicely when I was done... scraping down to blacktop where I have it. I was impressed. I see NO need to put a blade on the front now.
:thumbup1gif:
I've never used my tractors without rear chains (year round). Adding a set of chains to the front makes a BIG BIG,, BIG difference in heavy wet snow, both steering and traction.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts