Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have a need/use for E Torx sockets? These are female sockets that fit nuts (maybe bolt heads?) that are shaped like a 6pt Torx wrench.

A saw a set and wondered if I would ever need/have a use them. :dunno: I have not seen any on my tractors. My newer truck might have some? :dunno:

I'll admit I am a sucker for buying tools I "may" need :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Any one have a need/use for E Torx sockets? These are female sockets that fit nuts (maybe bolt heads?) that are shaped like a 6pt Torx wrench.

A saw a set and wondered if I would ever need/have a use them. :dunno: I have not seen any on my tractors. My newer truck might have some? :dunno:

I have seen them on recent Italian made production equipment. Can't recall seeing them elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard GM uses E Torx nuts (one place is seat tracks), but have not actually seen any.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I have a few in my craftman bit socket set. Never used them yet.

GM does use them on the AC lines and seats, at least on my truck.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
GM and Ford, at the least of the US auto manufacturers, use them sparingly.
Lots of European cars use them too.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
GM and Ford, at the least of the US auto manufacturers, use them sparingly.
Lots of European cars use them too.
Don't know if my VW uses them. European, but made in Chatinuga so may not use them. Never noticed really.... at least never worked on anything that needed them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Headlight adjusters on the 07 Envoy Denali, metric. Only one I've used out of the HF set I bought. The 3rd time I adjusted it I put a little Elmer's glue on the threads (all I had at the time) haven't needed one since.

·
Registered
12,012 Posts

Zebrafive--was just reading ur post outloud to my buddy Ralph:laugh: he says to say hi to his cousins if u would be so kindly too.

he asked me to ask ya -if any of his family done got married off or if there all with ya yet.?:dunno::mocking:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
i have seen them a couple of times on chrysler/ jeep products but cant remember where they were used at :banghead: the fiat made jeeps use a special 4 point torx socket for there seats

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
My Nissan Titan XD has them on the Titan Box's:banghead: I thought that as well that I would never Need them. But Glad I have them:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zebrafive--was just reading ur post outloud to my buddy Ralph:laugh: he says to say hi to his cousins if u would be so kindly too.

he asked me to ask ya -if any of his family done got married off or if there all with ya yet.?:dunno::mocking:
They are all still here (skeleton, bunny, & snowman) Skeleton is getting a little "slow" the other two still going strong. If Ralph's lonely, I'll send you another. (PM your address again)

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Back on topic, what size is used for GM seats? If I buy a set, I at least want it to include that size. :mocking:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alot of head bolts are that kind and polaris uses head bolts like that,i have used them quit a bit in my yrs of wrenching.they are good,they never round off!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I never heard of E TORX until reading this post; so I had to look them up. I'm guessing the 'E' stands for 'External.' :dunno: But great, another damn fastener head type to deal with. :banghead:
Agreed. Going down this path again...

Attachments

·
Registered
12,012 Posts
They are all still here (skeleton, bunny, & snowman) Skeleton is getting a little "slow" the other two still going strong. If Ralph's lonely, I'll send you another. (PM your address again)
:oops:just a little bit off topic for this thread but............ZebraFive---brother snowman has made the trip to here in Pa. to visit his brother the halloween head who i nicknamed Ralph. they are so happy:happy:to visit with each other now. so thanks for shipping him back east to his new home.:good2:i will post a pic later-ok

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I heard GM uses E Torx nuts (one place is seat tracks), but have not actually seen any.
I can confirm this with GM and with mid '80's Jeeps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts