Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Does anyone have the bigmouthmini 322 from Precision? I checked out the link from Seasled, and i'm pretty impressed from their video. That looks like a similar unit to the EA with a duel lid instead of the one. I would be curious to any feedback from "in the field use".

·
Administrator
21,636 Posts
Does anyone have the bigmouthmini 322 from Precision? I checked out the link from Seasled, and i'm pretty impressed from their video. That looks like a similar unit to the EA with a duel lid instead of the one. I would be curious to any feedback from "in the field use".
That's a great option too, @Tractor Tim runs one in many of his videos.

·
Premium Member
13,021 Posts
Does anyone have the bigmouthmini 322 from Precision? I
, @Tractor Tim runs one in many of his videos.
Now that you mention it Kenny, I believe that is the grapple he let me play with when I took my 3039R up to his place to play.

After I thrashed a bunch of brush with the Baumalight mulcher I cleaned up the mess with the grapple.

While that is not a lot of time to eval something - it looked like a very good piece of equipment. Worked just fine in my opinion.

I have an Artillian Grapple. It is the L shape. The bigmouthmini is the clam shell type. It did a great job raking debris.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
293 Posts
Don't really care they charged my card, I'm paying for it regardless who cares if it's now or when it ships? Would rather pay for it and lock in that price then have a questionable discrepancy later on at what price is what. Ea has made good things for me, no complaints.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
No clue on price .....That BigMouth one looks like a good one.
Seems light and lots of reach.
Whats it cost?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I have a friend with the CTA grapple on his 3039R, its a fine piece of equipment.

Very similar to my JD grapple, and you're right. Very well made.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you're concerned, pay for it with a credit card and pay it off when the statement comes. You have quite a bit of purchase protection with a credit card even after you've paid your balance. Me personally, I would not pay in advance, even with a solid reputation or product.

I order from woodpeckers every now and then ( Woodworking Tools, Best Woodworking Tools, Woodturning Tools). The price of the item is fixed at time of the order. I have never had woodpeckers charge me until the day I get a shipment notification. If they miss their ship date, they will send out an email around once month with the current expected ship date and a reply email or phone number to cancel if the wait is unacceptable. I have an that is expected to ship next month (originally scheduled for December). The price on that item has gone up a couple times since I placed my order, but I will only be charged the price at the time of order when my order is shipped.

I had another order was placed in March of last year, and the item has an expected ship date of late March this year (fingers crossed) after missing the original ship date of August last year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am in absolute agreement 100% down is ridiculous. With the given state, your wait time could be pushed back several times. Down payment, sure.

If a business needs 100% down for a lead time like that, they are not running there business well. If demand is high, they will have no problem selling it if you back out.

·
Registered
3520, Kubota L2501
90 Posts
I believe EA has always run your card at the time of ordering, which wasn't too bad back when they sometimes had the items in stock, or were maybe 30 days out. Now, because of their high demand, they seem behind on most everything. IMO on items that are BO'd months out they probably should adjust their payment to run a deposit at time of order with the balance run when shipped.
Back on first of December I ordered from them a 72" bucket (scheduled for April) and pallet forks which should ship in February. The quality of their products has been excellent and I appreciate almost everything's made here in the US. On previous orders over the last few years which include 50" grapple, landscape rake, aerator, and sub soiler, they have shipped a little sooner than their estimate.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
In today's world it is unusual for a business to apply charges prior to shipment or delivery, and, in some states it is illegal.

I am retired, but I have run a side business since I was 15 years old. It started out as a Fender amplifier repair business and has expanded into building hand wired Fender clone amplifiers from the 50's and 60's. The costs for components continue to rise. chassis are %100, cabinets are $300-$400, transformers are out of site, and because I use only the best components available the costs for small components, resistors, capacitors, pots, etc. is much higher than any of the Chinese junk I could buy.

In all of these years I have never charged up front, and I have been stiffed twice in all of that time. This is the cost of doing a reputable business regardless of product type. Charge me up front and I'll go someplace else.

The exception.

Small contractors will often charge for materials up front, when the materials are delivered. In this case you own the materials. I find this acceptable.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
In today's world it is unusual for a business to apply charges prior to shipment or delivery, and, in some states it is illegal.

I am retired, but I have run a side business since I was 15 years old. It started out as a Fender amplifier repair business and has expanded into building hand wired Fender clone amplifiers from the 50's and 60's. The costs for components continue to rise. chassis are %100, cabinets are $300-$400, transformers are out of site, and because I use only the best components available the costs for small components, resistors, capacitors, pots, etc. is much higher than any of the Chinese junk I could buy.

In all of these years I have never charged up front, and I have been stiffed twice in all of that time. This is the cost of doing a reputable business regardless of product type. Charge me up front and I'll go someplace else.

The exception.

Small contractors will often charge for materials up front, when the materials are delivered. In this case you own the materials. I find this acceptable.
I couldn't agree more. That is why I was so taken aback when I talked to their sales guy. I have no problem with a hold deposit or even paying materials. Full price --> no way. Unless it will arrive within 30 days. Anything longer in my opinion deposit only.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Looks like right about $3k on agfolks.com
Don’t forget the TTWT discount at agfolks.com

I would recommend the mini 320 over the mini 322 with a Deere machine.
The center mounted clamp cylinders are a nice benefit, and the tines are a bit closer together.

Double clamps are what makes this a step above the others.
Of course, the wide opening is amazing. Christy finds it to be much easier for her to collect a load due to this wide opening.

…and yes, we had a large influence on this design. They kept modifying/refining until I was satisfied!

Tim

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
It looks like a Black berry vine killing machine.
I'm amazed at how large the opening is.
And It appears it will grab a Log......
Will it Hold it vs a grapple with a "L" shape lower jaw.

Why is a 2 jaw upper supreme..Tim..?
I have my thoughts= uneven load perhaps....yours?

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Isn't this the grapple used to move the Hindenburg around in high wind conditions?

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Isn't this the grapple used to move the Hindenburg around in high wind conditions?
Nope
Thats the Fronteir one with the single upper jaw
Sits on the Fork frame
In reality
I think its the best bang for the buck.

I just want one........and it ain't easy for a 70A loader frame.
Now the op has a ton of choices..... 😜

·
Registered
395 Posts
I dont really get it sometimes. People here clammor non stop "bring back jobs", "we need good paying jobs", "wish there was an American made option". And then EA goes and does exactly that and people meltdown when lead times go through the roof because people respond to it in kind.

If EA is guaranteeing its prices and requires the full amount, I dont really have an issue with that. Dealt with plenty who want full money down. I just ordered 3k worth of doors that were 6 weeks out. Full money required up front. Ordered windows for the house this summer, 5k full down up front with a 12 week wait. It isnt unheard of and it isnt unreasonable when material prices are out of control. I do agree that EA lead times are crazy, but I just checked on a landplane from the local dealer and they are a year out..... so is 6 months really that bad? They have also committed to what I am sure is a multi million dollar expansion and are paying guys a living wage to do factory line work.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
It looks like a Black berry vine killing machine.
I'm amazed at how large the opening is.
And It appears it will grab a Log......
Will it Hold it vs a grapple with a "L" shape lower jaw.

Why is a 2 jaw upper supreme..Tim..?
I have my thoughts= uneven load perhaps....yours?
Yes. Every single load is uneven. …we’ll, except for those ‘cherry picked’ for marketing photos of the single clamp grapples.

We show and discuss this frequently in our videos. Usually as we are in the midst of a real world project.
Two clamps just grabs tighter. In almost every load, once clamped tight, you will see the two clamps are not close to the same level, indicating that exact situation.

Also, we compare pros and cons of the two styles of grapples. Hard for me to choose a favorite! The Artillian is better for some applications, and the Precision ‘clamshell’ is better for others. Again, we illustrate and discuss this in our videos, showing the good and the bad for each.

The good news is that either style gets the job done!

Tim

21 - 40 of 65 Posts