Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over in the SCUT section is a very long sticky about the problems with the 1025R air filter set up and what JD is doing about it for some owners. From what I have been able to gather the first 3K or so 2018 2025R tractors were built with the same air filter system and have been included in the program. I have one of those tractors I purchased new a year ago last June. When I found the strap holding the air filter housing to the valve cover mounted bracket broken and on the ground I started reading about the problems and the fixes. My dealer after giving him the solution number done some checking and agreed there was something that should cover my tractor and agreed to order the parts. He said I could do the install myself if I wanted to do so. Picked the parts up last Monday and installed the following day.
Just wondering if anyone else with the early Gen 2 2025R has done the relocation kit as well and what the dealer experience was like. Granted like mine or denied? Was a quite simple remove and replace procedure. Only glitch was a bracket that sticks out the right side of the front of the engine needed to be tweaked a bit to make room for the new filter housing. Looks like it might have supported the front of the old housing. Can see no other reason for it to be there. Could not get the dust discharge rubber thing ( looks like a duck beak ) to point straight down. Is still angled down but slightly forward ( say in a 5 o'clock position versus a 6 o'clock position. May just hacksaw a bit of the bracket away so I can turn that duck bill straight down. Thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Honestly never paid much attention to which way my air filter is positioned. If it is the same problem as other models, I would have thought when they redesigned the new 2025 they would have taken that into consideration. :unknown: I'll have to check it later this week. I do know that the duck bill points down to a 5 o'clock position and definitely not straight down.

Kevin.

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
Yes, the first 3400 +/- Gen2 2025's came through with the old style air cleaner, they are also listed in the PIP. Mine was changed a week and a half ago at my house by my dealer at no cost to me. I originally was going to pick up the kit and change it myself when they got it but the service manager said they get paid from JD to do it, so they did.

·
Banned
228 Posts
I have a 2018 and have the new style air filter .Duck bill faces the right side panel at 6 o'clock

i had to call the dealer to figure out how to get the filter out . Owners manual only shows the older style

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes, the first 3400 +/- Gen2 2025's came through with the old style air cleaner, they are also listed in the PIP. Mine was changed a week and a half ago at my house by my dealer at no cost to me. I originally was going to pick up the kit and change it myself when they got it but the service manager said they get paid from JD to do it, so they did.
Just judging by my VIN without looking I'll likely have the old style. Last 6 are 103142. I'll have to check with the dealer and see what they say.

Kevin.

Reactions: kylew

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
Just judging by my VIN without looking I'll likely have the old style. Last 6 are 103142. I'll have to check with the dealer and see what they say.

Kevin.
You've never looked :munch:

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
165 Posts
Old or new style air filter arrangement? Finally got around to checking it out.

On a separate issue, anyone else have the oil filler cap digging into a rad hose? Nice wear mark/divot in the hose now, not sure if visible on photo or not. Never noticed it until I went searching for the air cleaner.

Kevin.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,472 Posts
Reactions: PJR832
1 - 10 of 10 Posts