Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to put some bling on the Little Green Girl. :cool: She looks better with these earrings. Helps me to look behind as well.

Green Tire Vehicle
Vehicle Machine Tool Bumper Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Snow blower Outdoor power equipment
Motor vehicle Vehicle Tractor Machine Outdoor power equipment
Green Vehicle Motor vehicle Agricultural machinery Tractor

It would be nice to be able to isolate them from the vibration a little bit but for a quick glance back they work good.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I sure like that install! Have been trying to find a place for them on my GX but space is limited and most spaces are plass tick!

Q's: Where did you get them?
What is vibrating, the mirror mount itself or the loader frame?

They sure look like they belong there!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
46,290 Posts
If I could find them half that size, I'd buy them.

·
Registered
446 Posts
A while back I posted pictures of a bicycle mirror I used and these don't really vibrate that much. I'm glad you brought up the the subject again
cause I was always going to get one for the other side so today I'm off to the bike shop.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Green Agricultural machinery

Attachments

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Vendor
1,542 Posts
I don't have any fender work lights. The light you see is the one that was mounted on the ROPs and I moved it down closer to the work area.
My question was directed to the OP. Your post wasn't there when I clicked on the Reply button or I would have Quoted the original question...

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought them at Princess Auto for about 5 bucks each. Here is a link to them 5 x 7 in. SS Mirror Head | Princess Auto

The vibration I refer to is from the tractor itself, it's not bad but at certain rpm it shows more vibration, I don't notice it on the tractor but the mirrors show it up.

Yes, the fender lights are a problem so at night I either turn the lights off or twist them out more depending on what I am doing. If I extend them up on a bracket like someone else on this forum did I think it would be better but for now this is good.

They have no use while blowing the light dry snow we get because they get covered with snow. I found them very useful for just general manuevering, the less you have to twist around the better.

·
Vendor
1,542 Posts
Yes, the fender lights are a problem so at night I either turn the lights off or twist them out more depending on what I am doing. If I extend them up on a bracket like someone else on this forum did I think it would be better but for now this is good.

They have no use while blowing the light dry snow we get because they get covered with snow. I found them very useful for just general manuevering, the less you have to twist around the better.
Maybe they could be angled down to help light up the area and make yourself more visible too, such as when working near the road. Just trying to look at the bright side...:laugh:

To help with your vibration, perhaps you might be able to put a piece of soft tubing over the bolt that is small enough in outside diameter to fit through the hole. When you tighten up the nut, flare the tubing out so it forms an isolation bushing under the washer. You might need to warm the tubing up to get it compliant enough. When finished, there should be no metal touching. The softer and thicker the material the better and don't overtighten. It might not work, but it might be a $1 cure. You might also add a big (~2" diameter) piece of tubing between the back of the mirror and the loader frame over and around the fastener. This will surely help dampen vibration, but may hinder adjustability.

Claudester -->:drinks:<--

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was Claudester's mirror that gave me the idea.
I'm going to play around with some kind of isolation like the rubber idea.
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
123 Posts
back in the day, I operated an Oshkosh 10T truck-plow......vibration was a continual problem with burning out headlights. One of our senior operators got inventive :think: and made a small tab w/1/2 rubber about 3" long - drilled 2 1/2" holes - one fopr the light and the other for the mounting hole...thus a small offset, but zero vibration!

worked great....so the rest of us did the same thing....the new snowplows are much more advanced so don't have this problem....try that...your vibration problems will be gone!
Snowplow Vehicle Snow removal Snow Car

Reactions: Carvel Loafer
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.