Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Where did you order from?

Also, are those 3/8" cross links? Didn't your old set have smaller cross links? I am hoping these won't fall between the lugs. so I was hoping 3/8'' would be enough. I dont have much horse manure around here so maybe it wont be a problem. Before I order I need to go measure the clearance on my gen 1 2025r to make sure I dont need spacers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
23,258 Posts
They seem to be sold out. It must have started snowing somewhere already! I better get some ordered.
There are some places when the end of September is too late.

Procrastination is not your friend when it comes to snow equipment.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I will be the guinea pig. I ordered from Earthforce. The 2 link ladder chains with 3/8" cross chains were about $275 shipped. I had to pay some tax. I will try to remember to add some photos when they get here. It is almost that time of year.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I had a set of chains that came with a Mitsubishi MT372 that I purchased in the 1980's,,,

I wondered if those rear chains would fit the front of the JD4105 10-16.5 R4 tires,,,:dunno:

All I had to do was add 3 links to the outside, and this is the result:

Do you think this will help my snow traction any?? :mocking:

·
Registered
12,609 Posts
I had a set of chains that came with a Mitsubishi MT372 that I purchased in the 1980's,,,

I wondered if those rear chains would fit the front of the JD4105 10-16.5 R4 tires,,,:dunno:

All I had to do was add 3 links to the outside, and this is the result:

Do you think this will help my snow traction any?? :mocking:
for ur area i would of installed some ice cleats cross chain:bigthumb: any chain will help-but IMO ice cleats are the better pick.

Reactions: PJR832 and CADplans

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have loved to have found a set of chains that were the "right size' to make work. But the snow is coming soon so it was getting to be time to just make a decision.

The research I did was not conclusive if truck tires could work on a tractor. Some guys said they did it and it worked fine and if you call the tire chain companies they say they won't fit and will not work.

I don't plan on breaking any land speed records with the chains on but I ended up just trying to buy some. We shall see.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They came and are Heavy, 125 lbs. That is all I can report so far. Very fast shipping. I ordered Tuesday evening and they arrived Friday.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,055 Posts
rjm240, Can you give us an update on fit? Maybe a few pictures?

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did not get to fitment today. I got to this point and realized it might be harder than I thought. Can I just bend these with a 2x4?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright I tried fitment. To move the hydraulic lines I just wedged a 2x4 in there and moved them over and inch or so. It is hard to tell how much clearance I have with the chains on but I am guessing 1.5" or so.

I had to take out one cross chain on each chain. I used a hammer and wedge to open up the clevis thing on the end.

The right chain isn't as tight as it could be but I can't tighten it more without taking out another cross chain. I will see if I need to do that after driving em a bit.

The left one is tight. But I found a flaw in one of the welds. See photos.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,055 Posts
Looks good to me rjm240.
I'd send the picture of the bad cross chain to Earthforce.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I emailed them last night. I'll report back here with their proposed resolution.

I also need to figure out some tensioners. I was thinking of getting some 14" rubber snubbers.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,055 Posts
I also need to figure out some tensioners. I was thinking of getting some 14" rubber snubbers.
These bungee cords are the same ones I put on this tractor in 2008. I buy it by the foot.

Tire Chains (5).JPG

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These bungee cords are the same ones I put on this tractor in 2008. I buy it by the foot.

View attachment 711114
I have some of they nylon snubber material but it doesn't seem very strong. The rubber ones seem to pull harder if the length is right.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Gizmo2

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Super Impressed.

I received a response from https://www.earthforce.com/ today. I have pasted their response below with their permission. I do not know what I can say other than WOW! I started this thread wondering if this deal was too good to be true. i didnt get much feedback so I took a gamble. I am very impressed with with not only the service (fast shipping), the chains themselves, but also their willingness to go above and beyond to fix an issue.

Hello Ryan, I am glad to hear that you were and hopefully will be again excited about the product you purchased. The “flaw” you experienced is not acceptable. I have placed an additional order for the chains that will ship today. Please keep both sets and let me know if you have any additional issues with your chains. I will supply the new tracking number tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jesse Gange

EARTHFORCE
521 S 22nd Street
Bismarck, ND 58504
T 888-903-6723 or 888-90force
E [email protected]
Skid Steer Parts | Earthforce Parts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
The “flaw” you experienced is not acceptable. I have placed an additional order for the chains that will ship today.

Please keep both sets and let me know if you have any additional issues with your chains.
WOW!!

:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts