Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yankees always ask, "Barbequed what?" Pork, darn it. Fall apart, North Carolina hog! I might have been born a yank but if I could just relocate a few decent bakeries down south, I'd be willing to be a complete traitor to the union forever!

So, here it is. Couldn't possibly be easier. Tastes authentic...some spice, a little vinegar-y, and porky goodness!

Put a liner in your crock pot. Don't know how I ever did without those things. Get a pork tenderloin... A good one! Doesn't really matter how big. I like to use Smithfield brand. Dump about a half bottle of Scott's Barbeque sauce over it. (An old name bottle with a yellow label and red lettering. Zero calories by the way!) Put the lid on your crock pot and turn it on low for 8 hours. Open up the crock pot and pull the BBQ apart with two forks till it's completely shredded. That's it!

Now, if you really wanna do it right, you throw a pile of it on a bun and top it off with some barbeque slaw before putting on the top bun. Maybe a dash of Texas Pete if you're feeling sporty. If you're not from around here, let me give you a hint. Barbeque slaw is kinda red...no mayo to be found in it.

It's awesome guys and easy to make for a crowd!

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
You have been inducted into the GTT cookbook Stablenickers. This sounds like a great recipe. :fed: Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I believe it! I cook a pretty mean smoked pork butt on the BGE, but don't sell the crock pot short. The meat comes out very juicy, tender and flavorful.

I EAT a pretty mean smoked pork butt :thumbup1gif:

:lolol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have been inducted into the GTT cookbook Stablenickers. This sounds like a great recipe. :fed: Do you have any pics?
I'll elbow my husband with his fork poised for attack out of the way and get you a few pics next time it hits the table. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts