Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about some feedback. Anybody here serious motorheads. I know the Eastwood company has been around for quite a while and have provided some very interesting tools and machines for auto restoration, if anybody here has any experience with them what kind of quality is their stuff and do they stand behind it.
What is their customer service like? My only experience with them is some metal fabricating books and welding project books.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
When we restored the old vette we used alot of their products. Always worked like promised and never had any problem with them. Good Luck

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When we restored the old vette we used alot of their products. Always worked like promised and never had any problem with them. Good Luck
I'm curious about the mig 250 welder they sell, they claim it is designed by them in house and although made in China it is under their supervision. 60% duty cycle at 250 amps with infinate control adjustment. For the price it almost seems too good to be true.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
:munch: would be interested in any feed back also. Price point is good.

·
Registered
448 Posts
So far Good!

I recommended this welder from eastwood for my uncle in a mustang restore project. Just so I could have my old Hobart back. He bought the 250 and has great review on it. He has only welded some floor pans and body panel but on that it worked great.

When he ordered it, it was received very quickly. I'm thinking less than a week. I do like his enough that I wouldn't hesitate to buy the exact one he has price and welds are great!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stopped by an airgas shop in duluth a couple of weeks ago and asked about Lincoln welders, he showed me a 210 welder and I asked him where it was made. He looked under the cover and pointed to a stamped letter M and said this ones made in Mexico, he said some are stamped C which means China, some welders are stamped I which means Italy, some are stamped P which is Poland. He didn't mention a U which would probably mean Uzbekistan any ways. Millers and Hobarts are assembled in the states with mostly Chinese parts. Very disturbing to me. I'm still quite conflicted by all of this and want to buy American so I'm going to wait another week and see if the Hobart 210 goes back on sale at Mills Fleet Farm. If not I may just buy the Eastwood. I've got a Lincoln 110 mig that I bought about 20 years ago, great machine but I want something that is much more powerful. I would like to buy something that is 100% American made but that is just a pipe dream.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see that Mills Fleet Farm is selling the Hobart 210mvp this next week for 750 bucks. I guess I'm too chicken to buy the Eastwood, I know I can rely on the Hobart.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I never had a bad experience with their products.
Their Extreme Chassis Black is probably the best rattle can paint i have ever used.
That being said, never bought anything like a welder from them but probably 15 different paint and resto products.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the responses to my question. I have been looking and researching a new welder for a few months now and I now have a source for a very good deal on the Hobart welder. I feel that the duty cycle and power of the machine will fill my needs plus I don't have to worry about a company like Eastwood possibly having problems in the future with their foreign suppliers. I've also looked at other foreign brands like everlast and ahp but I feel comfortable that the Hobart 210 will be a good choice in the long run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts