Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure how many others have this issue but, this might work out ok for my needs Easy PTO quick connect for tractor attachments - Tractor PTO Link
as for me I'm hoping this will help me immensely being a functioning quad it will help hook up to my brush hog and tiller:bigthumb: I'll let you all know how it works out for me when I get it

·
Super Moderator
4,974 Posts
These have been discussed before on here. For most people it just isn't worth the cost. At $400 for one setup + $225 for each additional PTO shaft it can get expensive in a hurry.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These have been discussed before on here. For most people it just isn't worth the cost. At $400 for one setup + $225 for each additional PTO shaft it can get expensive in a hurry.
well then I got a good deal on it tractor pto and 2 implements about 400+ out the door

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
After watching the video I don’t see how that is any easier than without. Even more difficult actually as you have to turn the driveshaft when connecting - some implements might not be so easy to do so.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
solution to a problem that sometimes exists....?

Now were resizeing drivelines again.

Build something for the front pto which is impossible to reach on my 955...and I might bite.

·
Super Moderator
4,974 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I lube my shafts and splines with dry moly. I shut the engine off to connect so the shaft will turn on the tractor end. Both of my mowers have the old push button yokes that I have freed up to push easy. I tack welded a flat washer on one of the skinny push buttons to make it easier to push.

My brush cutter requires an extension to hook up to my quick hitch and that has the pull collar. I have to put it on the tractor before I back up to the mower or it will fight me.

Can't see spending $400+ dollars for something that just takes a little care and patience. I can hook up either of my shafts as fast as the guy in the video. I wonder how quick he can get that contraption loose?

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts
The OP did say he was a functioning quad.

This might change some things the rest of us take for granted.

Hope the Easy Connect works for you. Even better that you got a good deal on it.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The OP did say he was a functioning quad.

This might change some things the rest of us take for granted.

Hope the Easy Connect works for you. Even better that you got a good deal on it.

I completely missed that as I likely went strait to the video.....:banghead:

Yes in light of that it could easily be a game changer.

I am curious how it unhooks as the 1 video did not show that iirc.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
not sure how many others have this issue but, this might work out ok for my needs Easy PTO quick connect for tractor attachments - Tractor PTO Link
as for me I'm hoping this will help me immensely being a functioning quad it will help hook up to my brush hog and tiller:bigthumb: I'll let you all know how it works out for me when I get it
Looking forward to hearing how this device works out for you. Please make sure to post pictures or even better yet, a video of it's use for all of us to see and better understand.

Seeking solutions to one's challenges is what separates winners and losers. It's easy to just say "I can't do it" or "It's too hard because of _______", but I always admire anyone who seeks to overcome the challenges they face and accomplish the projects and tasks they desire.........It's that "can do" attitude which makes the things which seem impossible, possible.

Watching the short video, it shows him aligning the 4 "posts" through the flange on the tractor and twisting it slightly. The rotational direction of the tractors PTO is going to "snug" the PTO connection. How does it come apart after hours of spinning in the "connection direction"......?? Apparently it's simply a matter of rotating the coupling the opposite direction?

Also trying to understand how the shear pin works......It's spring loaded, does it "retract" when it encounters a load? It certainly looks like a proprietary item to this device so it would probably be a good idea to have a spare shear pin on hand in case it is damaged.

Any idea how long this product has been around and sold? I notice the patent is pending and was curious how long its been on the market.

Thanks for sharing this with us.........looking forward to hearing more and seeing more about this.........

·
Registered
126 Posts
Am I missing something? why does one need a male attachment for each piece of equipment? Why not use the same one for each attachment? looks like it just goes on like any other PTO attachment.

·
Super Moderator
4,974 Posts
Am I missing something? why does one need a male attachment for each piece of equipment? Why not use the same one for each attachment? looks like it just goes on like any other PTO attachment.
If you have to remove the piece from your implement PTO shaft and then reinstall it on the next implement that kinda defeats the whole purpose. The basic idea of the thing to to make swapping between PTO driven implements easy. If you are going to remove the male adapter and move it to the next implement, you might just as well skip it entirely and just connect your PTO shaft directly to the tractor stub.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts