Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use this?

Seems pricey but as I get older and have a few herniated vertebra this might save some back ache

https://tractorptolink.com/

·
Registered
4,205 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lolol:

I can't be the Guinea Pig, I spent $875 for a seat upgrade and I don't want to live in the barn...yet...need to get the stove installed first LOL

You have been elected to be the first. Be sure to provide us a review.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,917 Posts
If it makes it easier to do what you want/like to do, or makes it so you can do it longer in the future (adds more years of enjoyment to your life) I SAY BUY IT! :bigthumb:

I remember buying a new vehicle with two tone paint that cost extra. My Dad asked why I would spend $$ for paint when one color was no extra cost. I told him I like the way it looked and smile every time I see it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I really don't see how this will save any work for your back. It has 4 points of engagement instead of 6, so still has to be lined up, gotta bend over and connect it. Personally, I keep the PTO output shaft greased, shift the PTO to neutral, and hook up the shaft fairly easily. Maybe someone else has some experience with this particular coupler, but I don't understand how it makes it more than marginally easier than what is already on the tractor.

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
These have been brought up several times in the past. One thread that isn't to old:

easy PTO connect

Deere also has their own "Quick-Kinect" system which is slightly different but attempts to do the same thing.

John Deere: New Quik-Knect™ PTO Attachment System

It seems most folks balk at the price. Kinda expensive for what it does. But if someone has medical issues and this helps... Go for it!

Reactions: BigJim55 and kylew

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks fro the info, I like the idea behind the JD one, close in price

These have been brought up several times in the past. One thread that isn't to old:

easy PTO connect

Deere also has their own "Quick-Kinect" system which is slightly different but attempts to do the same thing.

It seems most folks balk at the price. Kinda expensive for what it does. But if someone has medical issues and this helps... Go for it!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Although on second look, JD sure makes it hard to find the right implement side adapter

https://www.greenpartstore.com/assets/images/instructions/2019/Quik-Knect-implement-compatibility-guide.pdf

easy PTO connect

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anyone use this?
Seems pricey but as I get older and have a few herniated vertebra this might save some back ache
https://tractorptolink.com/
I have them and for me they work great:thumbup1gif: being a functioning quad it was impossible for me to hook up a tiller or brush hog. always had to get family or friend to do it for me now I can do it myself in about 5 minutes or less:good2:

·
Premium Member
9,339 Posts
I have them and for me they work great:thumbup1gif: being a functioning quad it was impossible for me to hook up a tiller or brush hog. always had to get family or friend to do it for me now I can do it myself in about 5 minutes or less:good2:
Glad to hear this worked out well for you as I remember when this was being discussed. I remember the same issues coming up with the cost, need to buy an adapter for each implement, etc. but for you, it sounds like this was the ideal solution. That's great to hear....

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Glad to hear this worked out well for you as I remember when this was being discussed. I remember the same issues coming up with the cost, need to buy an adapter for each implement, etc. but for you, it sounds like this was the ideal solution. That's great to hear....

:bigthumb:
yes when I got mine I just ordered an extra drive plate for another attachment I still have it sitting in my barn:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Leo,

Did you have to shorten your PTO shaft on the implement when this was added? Adds 4 1/2" to the length per website.

Thanks
Jack
3032e 2016
Frontier 5' cutter

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great question

Leo,

Did you have to shorten your PTO shaft on the implement when this was added? Adds 4 1/2" to the length per website.

Thanks
Jack
3032e 2016
Frontier 5' cutter

Reactions: jdforever

·
Registered
84 Posts
Leo,

Thanks
Jack
3032e 2016
Frontier 5' cutter
for my set up no I didn't have to shorten any pto shafts
still have plenty of clearance up and down

1 - 15 of 15 Posts