Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a tiller to supplement my aspirations of a Meyon Lemon grove in my backyard, so I just won an eBay bid on a JD 15 Tiller to add to my collection/ aka, "addiction."

Obviously, it will be a project/ restoration project . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Been looking for a tiller to supplement my aspirations of a Meyon Lemon grove in my backyard, so I just won an eBay bid on a JD 15 Tiller to add to my collection/ aka, "addiction."

:think: that kinda looks like what i call a "plow":dunno: to me a tiller is a rototiller-run by a PTO. am i wrong?? need more pics-ok.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts

What is a "Meyon Lemon"? I Googled it, but didn't really come up with anything.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Yep, definitely a plow. If that was called a tiller on ebay it's no wonder I couldn't find a plow on there. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

VERY COOL!

:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sweet baby Jesus, my inner grammar Nazi is embarrassed as all hell right now. This is why you shouldn't post on the forums after consuming copious amounts of whiskey :laugh:

Indeed, you are all correct. It's a plow and not a tiller. I've been germinating Meyer Lemon seeds for months. I got them from a 30+ year old tree my aunt has in her yard (full size, not dwarf). I was looking for a tiller on Craigslist to no avail. Came across this plow on eBay and pulled the trigger. It had 30-40 or so people "watching" this ad. In a whiskey infused decision, I low balled the seller using the option to "make an offer" and the seller accepted. I was shocked none the less, but super stoked all the same.

Anyone have any advice on how to explain this unplanned expense to my wife so soon after X-Mas . . . :shhh:

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
Sweet baby Jesus, my inner grammar Nazi is embarrassed as all hell right now. This is why you shouldn't post on the forums after consuming copious amounts of whiskey :laugh:

Indeed, you are all correct. It's a plow and not a tiller. I've been germinating Meyer Lemon seeds for months. I got them from a 30+ year old tree my aunt has in her yard (full size, not dwarf). I was looking for a tiller on Craigslist to no avail. Came across this plow on eBay and pulled the trigger. It had 30-40 or so people "watching" this ad. In a whiskey infused decision, I low balled the seller using the option to "make an offer" and the seller accepted. I was shocked none the less, but super stoked all the same. :greentractorride:

Anyone have any advice on how to explain this unplanned expense to my wife . . . :shhh:
No problem, IRQVET, a plow is considered tillage equipment.

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
This is why you shouldn't post of the forums after consuming copious amounts of whiskey :laugh:
aw-we forgive u:lolol:

Anyone have any advice on how to explain this unplanned expense to my wife . . . :shhh:
well-u could go the whiskey consuming theory-and then face her:mocking::dunno:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
That JD 15 plow is category 0, right?

If it isn't too personal, do you mind saying how much you had to pay for it?

·
Registered
448 Posts

Indeed, you are all correct. It's a plow and not a tiller. I've been germinating Meyer Lemon seeds for months. I got them from a 30+ year old tree my aunt has in her yard (full size, not dwarf). I was looking for a tiller on Craigslist to no avail. Came across this plow on eBay and pulled the trigger. It had 30-40 or so people "watching" this ad. In a whiskey infused decision, I low balled the seller using the option to "make an offer" and the seller accepted. I was shocked none the less, but super stoked all the same.

Anyone have any advice on how to explain this unplanned expense to my wife so soon after X-Mas . . . :shhh:
A muscle twitch in a finger could easily cause an unexpected purchase, if the cursor happened to be in just the right place. :lolol:

naaah.... just own up to it. Some say it's easier to apologize, than to get permission. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Nice plow :bigthumb:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts

Show her how it works, she'll understand. Nah, that won't work. :laugh:

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
A muscle twitch in a finger could easily cause an unexpected purchase, if the cursor happened to be in just the right place. :lolol:

naaah.... just own up to it. Some say it's easier to apologize, than to get permission. :laugh:

:lol: i'll have to remember this JD-4100--when i spring my 3pt Fronttier spreader that's waiting on me to pick up.:dunno: she knows i got the roof, but no idea about the spreader-yet:laugh:

i might need emergency help of some sort when she does find out:lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
[/B]:lol: i'll have to remember this JD-4100--when i spring my 3pt Fronttier spreader that's waiting on me to pick up.:dunno: she knows i got the roof, but no idea about the spreader-yet:laugh:

i might need emergency help of some sort when she does find out:lol:
Let us know when you plan on picking it so we have time to say our proper "good bye's". :bash: :bigbeer:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,319 Posts
You no tell. You have no slpain'n to do.

Nice plow. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it isn't too personal, do you mind saying how much you had to pay for it?
Guy was selling it for $599 plus $85 for shipping.

I got it for $415 shipped.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Guy was selling it for $599 plus $85 for shipping.

I got it for $415 shipped.
I saw that one....thought about making offer, but just like you, I was trying to figure out how I was gonna explain it to Christy!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I enjoyed my CAT 0 'tiller',,, but, my gardening method changed,,,

So,, "off" it went,,, :dunno:

(that pic was when we were planting asparagus,,,)

We need ACTION pics,, of course,,,, :munch:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts