Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
21,040 Posts
That is very interesting...I guess they are feeling the pressure? Bad move IMHO.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is very interesting...I guess they are feeling the pressure? Bad move IMHO.
Same thought here...hey, I'm cool with the black paint, and hopefully lower price point :lol: but what will mess everything up is the stupid adjustable top hook.
But seriously, what pressure would they feel? No other Genuine ASAE quick hitch (Woods, Land Price) is cheaper then the iMatch? The HF one is cheaper by far, but is so far out of spec, its not an ASAE Quick Hitch.

·
Administrator
21,040 Posts
I hear ya Dave...unsure what the motive would be for this?

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
It wasn't clear to me from the site, is this replacing the iMatch or in addition to it? Is there any change in the specs (other than "good for 60 hp")?

From reading various posts, it seems like either the implement is ASAE or it's random. As such, I don't understand how the adjustable hook is a win unless there are a fixed number of heights on non standard implements (and all are the correct width) :unknown:.

For me, the burden of having everything be ASAE sized is more than compensated for by the simplicity of the iMatch design.

Pete

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dont want to fart on anybodys parade but the harbor freight works very well - its true the first ones that came out were a little out of spec, but they fixed that and removed the other version.....I have frontier attachments and other brands from different mfg...a fixed hook would have screwed me to no end.....$69 price point, crap I could buy another just decicated for the off spec attachments and still be a head of the game.....

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont want to fart on anybodys parade but the harbor freight works very well - its true the first ones that came out were a little out of spec, but they fixed that and removed the other version.....I have frontier attachments and other brands from different mfg...a fixed hook would have screwed me to no end.....$69 price point, crap I could buy another just decicated for the off spec attachments and still be a head of the game.....
It does work well, My dad has one, better then nothing thats for sure...but its still not a real ASAE QH, For example have they corrected the pin sizes to match spec? ASAE Spec calls for 1.44" Lift Link Pins and 1.25" Top Link....

http://www.agctr.lsu.edu/en/lawn_garden/commercial_horticulture/equipment/Compact+Tractors/Will+an+ASAE+Standard+Quick+Hitch+Fit.htm

·
Registered
26 Posts
It does work well, My dad has one, better then nothing thats for sure...but its still not a real ASAE QH, For example have they corrected the pin sizes to match spec? ASAE Spec calls for 1.44" Lift Link Pins and 1.25" Top Link....

http://www.agctr.lsu.edu/en/lawn_garden/commercial_horticulture/equipment/Compact+Tractors/Will+an+ASAE+Standard+Quick+Hitch+Fit.htm

I reckon there might be a few ways to view this...if it works (as you also acknowledged above) then then why does it matter? Is it to have it to "spec" worth the premium price charged by Deere? My answer is a solid NO...I overpaid for Frontier once or twice, but never again....just my thoughts.....I have a Woods brush hog, that couldnt be set up with a Imatch hitch without major mods to either hitch or the New brush mower....Had a box blade with the same issue...adjustable J hook saved the day from HF....Deere can keep the overpriced Imatch hitch, which I returned shortly after purchase....

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I reckon there might be a few ways to view this...if it works (as you also acknowledged above) then then why does it matter? Is it to have it to "spec" worth the premium price charged by Deere? My answer is a solid NO...I overpaid for Frontier once or twice, but never again....just my thoughts.....I have a Woods brush hog, that couldnt be set up with a Imatch hitch without major mods to either hitch or the New brush mower....Had a box blade with the same issue...adjustable J hook saved the day from HF....Deere can keep the overpriced Imatch hitch, which I returned shortly after purchase....
Well, building the HF QH to spec shouldnt cost anything, so if HF opened up the hooks and made it spec, they'd have a year long waiting list for them :laugh:...If anything, Deere is in the lead here...I know the cheapest quick hitch I can buy locally from ANY dealer around is the Deere...so that being said, I dont think its a premium price..Well, I guess compared to 69.99 it could be viewed as overpriced...I dont mean to say the Deere is the best, I'm just saying that its hard to compare the HF to the Deere because they are NOT the same....Price out other ASAE QH's and you'll think the iMatch is a bargain.

I can see your frustration...but I havent encountered it yet, my Woods BB (Bought it used) was iMatch ready from the get go, heck the toplink even had the 1.25" bushing from the factory. Snowblower same deal...and I've made pretty much all my other attachments.

The real root of the problem is the fact that for years and years none of the MFG's built 3pt attachments to any spec...and even now that there IS a spec, most of the implement MFG's are building to ASAE spec, Anything Woods bought in the last 5 years is ASAE QH Ready...but the HF QH is giving the illusion QH's are a waste of time. LP, Woods, and MANY other shortlines are now ASAE QH Compliant...Even the TSC Tillers are now QH Compatible...

Know what I mean?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had a quick hitch on both my 4xxx and 5xxx.

Problem with the 5xxxx was it was Cat 2 quick hitch and well my cat 1 wouldn't work.

If you can make all your stuff work with it - then OK.

I have extended draft links on both tractors - way better for my needs.

D.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hmm... just bought the Cat II iMatch for my 5075M. Figured I'd just buy the adaptor sleeves for the Cat I stuff that works with a QH. And the Cat II attachments that are QH compatible would be good to go.. have both Cat I and II covered!

'Course nothing is always straightforward!

AKfish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts