Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edge Tamers with Piranha Toothbar installed

Some, myself included, have wondered whether or not Edge Tamers would fit on a bucket with a Piranha Toothbar installed. Well..... They fit nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Some, myself included, have wondered whether or not Edge Extenders would fit on a bucket with a Piranha Toothbar installed. Well..... They fit nicely.
Good to know! Now, the next question is if a Ratchet Rake will fit over a Piranha Bar. I may try this one myself in a day or two and report back.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I like it. Very good fit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Vendor
88 Posts
This thread gets seen a lot because folks often wonder if the Edge Tamers are compatible with the Piranha Bar, which steveontheridge nicely demonstrated (saving me countless email responses :D). Another customer recently pointed out a risk to such an arrangement though, so I thought I'd share. Normally, when you tighten your Edge Tamers down on a bare bucket, the bolt will fit flat against the bottom inside of the bucket, for a secure fit. However, with something like the Piranha Bar which extends outward, it could be that it gets tightened against a beveled surface, which in this case was a weld. This customer tried to lift a 450lb box blade with his Edge Extenders in this situation, and since the bolt was not securely fastened to a flat surface they slid off! Thankfully no one was hurt. The images here are of how it was attached.

Now, this is a Mahindra bucket, and steveontheridge's pictures above show this not to be a problem on his JD, but I wanted to at least show this so folks were aware. I'm sure tightening on a bevel is OK for lighter loads, but please don't lift something heavy without a secure fit! As you can imagine, when we designed the Edge Tamers we didn't have toothbars in mind, and buckets come in many shapes and sizes, so I just want to make sure folks are safe out there.

OK, there's my cautionary good deed for the day...

Wall Yellow Line Font Cement
Wall Yellow Line Font Cement
Red Gas
Red

Reactions: Mossy Dell
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.