Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm a newbie to tractors and the forum. I have already experienced the problems associated with using the bucket for snow removal on a gravel driveway. I'm getting better at it but the Edge Tamer looks like a big help to adapt the bucket to this task. I have a 300X FEL with the heavy duty bucket and removable edge. I read the FAQ and I'm wondering if anyone here has fitted the Edge Tamers to this bucket and if there were any problems. Please excuse me if this was covered before. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I can't recall anyone using that specific loader/bucket, but you'll be fine with the Edge Tamers.

You may want to post a picture of your cutting edge just to make sure that no one has welded on a non-factory edge to your bucket.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't recall anyone using that specific loader/bucket, but you'll be fine with the Edge Tamers.

You may want to post a picture of your cutting edge just to make sure that no one has welded on a non-factory edge to your bucket.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I actually live and work on Long Island while my tractor and cabin are in "upstate" NY...for now. I don't have a pic of the cutting edge but I do know for certain that it is the original edge which is a bolt-on. I knew the original owner of the tractor who unfortunately has passed away. My concern is if the Edge Tamers will fit on that specific bolt on edge. I will take pics of the edge when I get back up there during the holidays.

·
Administrator
17,059 Posts
R2 has a template on their website you can download, cut out, and test fit when you can get to your machine.

·
Administrator
17,059 Posts

·
Vendor
66 Posts
First, my apologies, I don't know how I missed this thread. blustnmtn, does your bucket look like the one depicted here? If so, you should be fine. These pictures are from another customer who tried them on his 5' Kubota bucket with a removable edge.

Hope this helps!

20181203_152540.jpg
20181203_152554.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts