Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 73" HD bucket for my 300CX FEL and 990. I have the replaceable knife edge on it. I am going to use your template from your web site to see if they would fit but from what I have read on your site it does not look like they will work with my setup. As you look at the future are you going to design a product for those that have a knife edge on their buckets?

Thanks

·
Vendor
66 Posts
Rob,

Try the template first, and see how it fits. If it does not fit, cut off the 3/8" x 1/2" "clip" in the back, and see if that fits. If that works, we have a set of "first runs", which were the Edge Tamer first production series. In that series, the rear clip was removable. Let us know if that works, and we can make arrangements to ship you those instead.

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob,

Try the template first, and see how it fits. If it does not fit, cut off the 3/8" x 1/2" "clip" in the back, and see if that fits. If that works, we have a set of "first runs", which were the Edge Tamer first production series. In that series, the rear clip was removable. Let us know if that works, and we can make arrangements to ship you those instead.

Thanks for posting!
Thanks for the follow up. I did the cut out and then tried it out this evening after I arrived home.

the first pic is the cutout. The drawing did not print out equal to the print in size. It was anywhere from a 1/16th to an 1/8th off so I tried to correct the drawing some.

WP_20151027_18_09_22_Pro.jpg

The other pictures are trying to fit it onto the bucket with the knife edge. I believe your suggestion of buying then without the 3/8x1/5" tab on the back may make it possible for it to fit. See the pics below:
WP_20151027_18_05_39_Pro.jpg WP_20151027_18_08_03_Pro.jpg WP_20151027_18_08_28_Pro.jpg

So I guess the real questions are as follows:
1. Can I obtain (whether I purchase it or you take my word on things and send me one) one to test it out?
2. What if I buy this without the 3/8 x 1/2" tab and it still does not fit. Will you take it back and refund my money in any way?

Thanks for the help.

·
Vendor
66 Posts
Thank you for posting the great pictures, that definitely helps! Yes, when printing the template it may not scale perfectly on your printer; one thing you can do is in the print dialog is play with the "Actual Size" or "Custom Scale" options in order to get it to fit as it should. We picked the document based on our computers and printers, but obviously every computer and printer is a little different. I'll have to add the print dialog step to our instruction sheet...

But back to the image, that looks like a real tight fit, so it could go either way. I'll send you a private note on possible next steps, but the key thing is if they don't fit, you're not going to be paying anything. Our job is to make sure you're happy with our products, and if that doesn't result in a sale, then that's OK. We'll do what it takes to make the right thing happen.

·
Vendor
66 Posts
Just a quick note - the online instructions are updated, thank you robpm for making us just a little bit better!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts